Problem with my auctioneer.

atmurphy

I have had some land on the market for the past 4 months using an auctioneer (IAVI registered). He 1st tried to sell it by auction & then when notning happened on the auction date, by private treaty. Over the past 3 months there has been very little movement or bids, as he informed me, and said I should sell at a price well below market value. I ran into a person who was interested in purchasing the land and too my surprise they congratulated me on the sale of the land. I explained that the land was still on the market but they said when they contacted the auctioneer he said that contracts had been signed and he was no longer taking any bids. With this in mind I got a friend of mine to inquire about the land, and he was told the same thing, appenterly I was in a big hurry to sell. I have a recording of this conversation. Just looking for some advice as to what can be done about this guy. He has cost me a lot of time & possibly some custom. Looks like he is trying to pick up the land for somebody on the cheap.

Unbelievable but yet very believable!! Sorry nothing more to add but that. In a similar position with my own auctioneer but have gone further down the line (sale agreed at lower price). The only option is to report him however as auctioneers are not regulated I doubt nothing much would happen.

I'm in the middle of something similar. Offer on our house below asking and was close to going Sale Agreed but a friend of mine rang enquiring about it and was told it was already gone Sale Agreed even though there was another couple of viewings arranged. I suspect the EA just didn't want to do any more work on it and wanted it off his books.

My wife rang again later the same day enquiring about the house and was told it was Sale Agreed over a week for the asking price..... There was stunned silence on the phone when she said "Really..... I don't think so as I'm the owner....."

Back