Health Insurance Private hospitals in Dublin covered by Laya

marmar

Hi all
I'm a 30 year old woman, looking to get health insurance after years without it. I'm a student so get all GP cover for free but mainly want insurance so I can have access to private hospital care in the case of non-urgent medical needs. Basically I don't want to be on a mental waiting list if I need something done that's not urgent. I'm also worried about contracting some illness while not covered, and then having a 5 yr existing illness waiting period !

So I'm looking at Laya Advantage 500 Explore Vs Glo Net More 300. Compared to GloHealth, it seems like Laya is quite limited in the private hospitals you can use in Dublin, for non-cardiac issues. It seems to only be Hermitage Clinic for general medical/surgical needs in Dublin, whereas with GloHealth you can also avail of Bon Secours or St Vincents Private.

Do you think this would make a difference if/when treatment was needed ? As in, can any procedure be carried out in Hermitage that would be carried out in St Vincents Private ?

marmar,

The Flex or Control range of plans with Laya, include these 2 hospitals in question. They also include the full list of public and private hospitals,no restrictions compared to Glohealth.
The 3 hi-tech hospitals are included - Beacon + excess, Mater Private and Blackrock Clinic(excess + nightly shortfall).

Best priced options as follows worth considering;
Flex 500 Explore 630pa
Flex 250 Explore 804pa

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Snowyb, thanks for your reply. I'm hoping to avail of a cheaper plan like Laya Advantage 500 as I'm limited in my budget. Just wondering if the fact that the Hermitage is the only private hospital available would be likely to affect my treatment options ?

Laya Advantage 500 @ 559pa is the cheapest plan including private hospital cover with a standard excess.

I appreciate your budget is limited, for 70 euro more you get a lot of extra choices overall.

The Hermitage cover a fairly comprehensive range of services according to their website, I've no personal experience of this
hospital. Its impossible to gauge what's not on their list, if any.

On such a tight budget, just to point out if you had a need to use the Hermitage or any other private hospitals on the list, you
would have to pay the 500 excess fee on admission for surgery or as a day patient. You would also have the consultants fee, maybe
x-ray or scan costs etc.
This excess fee doesn't apply to any public hospitals, other than the consultants fee and x-ray costs you would be classed as a private
patient - which is not the same as being put on the public hospital waiting list.

Snowyb

The Hermitage cover a fairly comprehensive range of services according to their website, I've no personal experience of this
hospital. Its impossible to gauge what's not on their list, if any.
Snowyb

Hermitage is on Laya's list and its a very good hospital.

Back