Price of Honda Jazz car battery

Went to FastFit in Donnybrook this morning. The staff member I dealt with there couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant. He tested the battery and it was on its last legs, with a reading of 12. They didn't have a replacement in stock but he rang the Goatstown branch and they had one, so I headed over there. Again, helpful, friendly, no-nonsense staff. Job done in about fifteen minutes. Car electronics unaffected. And the price? Wait for it: €75! And a two year guarantee. They were horrified at the price quoted by my garage but said that it's not unusual behaviour for a main dealer. I'll be writing to that dealer now.

Thank you everyone for your input and help.

Last edited:
Hopefully they also checked the alternator output (charging capability) and the alternator belt (the belt that transfers engine turning power to the alternator) and also checked electrolyte level (if the battery is the serviceable type).

Good luck with the new set-up. Personally, based on experience I wouldn't let FastFit put air in my tyres. My late father complained about difficulties with his car having had two new tyres fitted in a FastFit outlet. Not only were the tyres not the size specified by the car manufacturer, they had been inflated to 50 PSI!!!. Enough said.

Back