Predictions for the reign of President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
But every president of both political parties has failed to tackle gun control so it's hardly a charge to be levelled at Trump alone in his second week in office.

But Trump has no intention of tackling the gun issue, he pledged his support to the NRA on the campaign trail and has promised to roll back on previous gun control measures, with the gun lobby expecting to see action soon.

Also,none have managed to solve the problem of why the vast majority of victims and perpetrators of gun murders are young black males.

Perhaps a travel ban on Nigeria and a few other random African nations might appease the masses there.

But Trump has no intention of tackling the gun issue, he pledged his support to the NRA on the campaign trail and has promised to roll back on previous gun control measures, with the gun lobby expecting to see action soon.

Perhaps a travel ban on Nigeria and a few other random African nations might appease the masses there.

If I may say so you show a distinct lack of understanding of the reality of life in the United States.
Have you actually been there ?

So he bans Muslins from seven countries whose nationals have not killed anyone in America and yet does noting to Saudi where most of the 9/11 came from.
Now he gets into a row with the Australian PM (not to mention the Mexican President). And this morning at a "prayer breakfast" he says that the world is in a mess but that he will sort it out!!!
Typically at that prayer breakfast, most of the speech was all about Trump. How he was successful with the Apprectice but that since he left, the show has flopped. What's that to do with POTUS? And as for his sudden conversion to Christianity (adulterer, married three times etc etc)???
Such a psychopantic, self-obsessed and ignorant individual as "leader of the free world". God help us.

So he bans Muslins from seven countries whose nationals have not killed anyone in America and yet does noting to Saudi where most of the 9/11 came from.
Now he gets into a row with the Australian PM (not to mention the Mexican President). And this morning at a "prayer breakfast" he says that the world is in a mess but that he will sort it out!!!
Typically at that prayer breakfast, most of the speech was all about Trump. How he was successful with the Apprectice but that since he left, the show has flopped. What's that to do with POTUS? And as for his sudden conversion to Christianity (adulterer, married three times etc etc)???
Such a psychopantic, self-obsessed and ignorant individual as "leader of the free world". God help us.

Psychopantic - I'd love to hear what you think this means.
And no he hasn't banned all Muslims.He's bannned ALL citizens,including Christians,from Muslim-majority countries.

Last edited:
If I may say so you show a distinct lack of understanding of the reality of life in the United States.
Have you actually been there ?

You're basing that on what exactly? My quoting of what Trump has said?

What makes you think you have greater authority on the subject?

Last edited:
You're basing that on what exactly? My quoting of what Trump has said?

Okay,so perhaps you haven't been to the US.
My point is that unless you have travelled extensively in the US it's difficult to understand that the image presented to the world by a largely liberal media is not always correct.
A huge number of Americans consider the Second Amendment sacrosanct.Hunting,shooting and the right to defend their property by any means is ingrained in their psyche.
Millions of ordinary Americans consider carrying a firearm as normal as you and I consider carrying a wallet.
They vote in Senators and Congress representatives specifically to defend that right.
They also wonder why successive presidents including Obama,Clinton and Bush have done little to stem the rise of largely black-on-black drug-related inner-city murders.
They also wonder why Obama failed to call out the obsession with guns and violence in rap music,did virtually nothing to improve the lives of inner city blacks and had clowns like Al Sharpton as their advisors.
Those are some of the reasons why Hilary failed to resonate with sufficient number of voters and why Trump did in the States that mattered.

While the world is watching the travel ban and liberals are marching against Trump, a rather more serious figure is also reacting to the new regime in the US.

It will be fascinating to see how this plays out.

http://www.economist.com/news/europ...new/n/n/n/2017022n/owned/n/n/nwl/n/n/EU/email

While I certainly don't accept the common view in our media of Russia as the sole aggressor against innocent and helpless Ukraine, Trump will loose credibility among the despots of the world if he doesn't respond forcefully.

If Russia can push a US ally about like this what will China make of it.

Okay,so perhaps you haven't been to the US.

Again, what that I've said here are you basing that on? You agreed with a previous poster who pointed out that gun violence was a much more significant issue, and suggested it was too early to judge Trump's actions on gun control. I simply pointed out that he has clearly stated numerous times that he will relax gun control, not further it.

The rest of what you wrote is just more misdirection.

Again, what that I've said here are you basing that on? You agreed with a previous poster who pointed out that gun violence was a much more significant issue, and suggested it was too early to judge Trump's actions on gun control. I simply pointed out that he has clearly stated numerous times that he will relax gun control, not further it.

The rest of what you wrote is just more misdirection.

So,to give us a clear direction,have you ever been to the United States ?
It's a simple question and you should feel no embarrassment in answering no.

Is this another of your true but misleading post-truth facts, or is it just old fashioned incorrect.

According to this https://mises.org/blog/fbi-us-homicide-rate-51-year-low

The US murder rate hit a 51 year low in 2014.

If you're going to base your argument entirely on Google at least learn to use it proficiently.

• In 2015, there were an estimated 1,197,704 violent crimes. Murder and non-negligent manslaughter increased 10.8 percent when compared with estimates from 2014.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/fbi-releases-2015-crime-statistics

So,to give us a clear direction,have you ever been to the United States ?
It's a simple question and you should feel no embarrassment in answering no.
If it helps I've been there over 20 times and visited more than 20 States on both coasts and down South, most frequently to New England and Texas, and I agree with him.

If it helps I've been there over 20 times and visited more than 20 States on both coasts and down South, most frequently to New England and Texas, and I agree with him.

Agree with him about what ?
I live in the States for about three months of the year in my house in Florida.It's a long way from the tourist spots and my neighbours are all American.
Trust me, opining about life in America having visited as a tourist is a bit like an American being an expert on Ireland because he's kissed the Blarney stone.

This whole have I been to the US thing is just complete nonsense. I pointed out you were wrong, and yet again when you're found out, you just try to redirect.

What spending time in the US got to do with understanding Trump's clearly stated thoughts on gun control.

But just for the record, I have family living in 4 states, first visited ~25 years ago and travel up to three times a year covering 11 states. I've even been in a basement in the deep south that would equip a decent militia for an extended campaign. I've traveled enough to know that basing any assessment of the American psyche on experience in Florida is missing a rather large part of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back