Predictions for the reign of President Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows what that nutter might do? Maybe

I'M GOING TO TEACH EVERYONE HOW AMERICA DOES THINGS like date notation??!! ;)

or

If only there was some way that I could disseminate my vile in short, sharp soundbites? :eek:

I note that Theresa is DJT's first invite to a foreign leader. The harmless interpretation is that he preferred to grab her btp rather than Angela.

I fear the more sinister interpretation may be correct. That is that he is setting out his stall to support the Brits against the rest of the EU in this Brexit thing. If so he is showing an uncharacteristic lack of populist touch. 15.2% of folk in the USA describe themselves as of German ancestry. 10.8% Irish. English is third at 8.7%. If we add up other EU nationalities Italian 5.6%, Polish 3.2%, French 3.0%, Dutch 1.6% et al we get a total of over 40% for the rest of the EU whilst even if we are generous and throw in the Scottish 1.7% scarcely 10% have UK ancestry.

Last edited:
These sound like "alternative facts"!
Even at this early stage, it seems clear that Trump is only interested in Trump. It was typical of the man, that when he got out of the car during the drive to the White House it was so that he could walk in front of the Trump Hotel. So much for separating WH from his business activities.
The Trump presidency will be an interesting ride!

I think Trump should be given a chance. I expect that a lot of the fear and hysteria surrounding his election will dissipate over the coming months. I don't think Obama delivered a whole lot and Clintion would have delivered nothing. I expect that Trump will get things done, and relatively quickly . . whether it's good or bad overall we'll see. In two years time there may be a lot of revisionism in relation to Trump.
The Americans voted for him and I chose to believe, behind the bluster there are sensible brain cells .His approach though thus far worries me.
To say that Obama & Clinton didn,t deliver , is a bit harsh . Did Clinton and Obama not leave USA economy in fair shape ?
I tire of comments like {delivered nothing} etc , they are throwaway words signifying little other than a perceived view.
I know facts are boring , but maybe remain our best adjudicator ?
It is on facts that President Trump will rise or fall (unless they too are manipulated terribly)

The Americans voted for him and I chose to believe, behind the bluster there are sensible brain cells .His approach though thus far worries me.
To say that Obama & Clinton didn,t deliver , is a bit harsh . Did Clinton and Obama not leave USA economy in fair shape ?
I tire of comments like {delivered nothing} etc , they are throwaway words signifying little other than a perceived view.
It is on facts that President Trump will rise or fall (unless they too are manipulated terribly)

If Obama was as successful and popular as the liberal-dominated media would have you believe why do the Republicans now control the House,Senate and Oval Office ?

Fact is his foreign policy was a disaster allowing Putin to expand his sphere of influence - the US has observer status only at the current Syrian peace negotiations.

And try telling a young,unemployed black person in the US that his life is better after two terms of his country's first black president.

Like you I believe Trump should be given a chance .

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why Brexiteers and Trumpeteers tend to be the same people, like Wahaay. I mean they have completely opposite views on free trade. Trump wants to protect against cheap labour countries such as China, Brexiteers want to enter quasi free trade deals with them.

Can anyone explain why Brexiteers and Trumpeteers tend to be the same people, like Wahaay. I mean they have completely opposite views on free trade. Trump wants to protect against cheap labour countries such as China, Brexiteers want to enter quasi free trade deals with them.

An excellent question.

And it seems to me our colleague Wahaay delivers the answer clearly. Some people like simple solutions even to complex problems. Complex trade negotiations, who cares, Brexit means Brexit. The displacement of labour due to increased global trade or technical innovation, who even understands it. Lets just make America great again. Wahaay indeed.

If Obama was as successful and popular as the liberal-dominated media would have you believe why do the Republicans now control the House,Senate and Oval Office ?

Fact is his foreign policy was a disaster allowing Putin to expand his sphere of influence - the US has observer status only at the current Syrian peace negotiations.

And try telling a young,unemployed black person in the US that his life is better after two terms of his country's first black president.

Like you I believe Trump should be given a chance .
Obama's decision to withdraw from Iraq was a despicable and treacherous act and is probably the main factor in what is going on in the Middle East as the moment. The USA broke it so it was up to them to stay there and fix it. Other that that, and it's a very big one, I think he did okay, considering he didn't have the House or Congress for the last 6 years.

Wow. You obviously know what you're talking about so I take it all back; Obama was great.
Obama's decision to withdraw from Iraq was a despicable and treacherous act and is probably the main factor in what is going on in the Middle East as the moment.
Damn straight. https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Blood-Year-Islamic-State-Failures-War-Terror/1849045550/ (Blood Year) is an insightful read, if a bit of a slog, in that regard.

Damn straight. https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/Blood-Year-Islamic-State-Failures-War-Terror/1849045550/ (Blood Year) is an insightful read, if a bit of a slog, in that regard.
Thanks, I'll add it to the list.

Fact: much more folk turned out in person to see Obama's inaug than did to see Trump's. But I would bet the house that far more people watched the latter by remote media. Godammit, even the Duke tuned in for the first time.

But that is nothing for the Trump camp to boast about. It's not that I like to hear the rantings of a p-grabber over the usual platitudes at these affairs, but somehow they seem much more relevant for assessing the likely future course of events, and it ain't looking good folks. Bad hombres in charge I am afraid.

The Party system ties up 25% of the vote on either side. The colour of Obama’s skin costs him another 10%.

It was generally quite good, with the big exception I noted above. If anyone things Trump will contain Putin any better they are delusional.

There are millions fewer of them than there were when Obama took office.

:)He Knew which buttons to press to get Elected .If we elected some of the posters on hear we would be gone by now.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its bad enough that jjm does this, "I'm too cool to proof-read my posts" thing, please don't you start as well.
Actually nuffin' wrong with my post, though I apologise for any offence which may have been inadvertently suffered.

"Folk" is a collective noun, it represents a plural of course but grammatically in this context it is quasi singular. "Folks" is is also permissible and is unquestionably plural and "many more folks" is correct but "many more folk" is wrong IMHO. There are other similar situations. Consider the following equally valid senences:

"His speech got much more comment than..."
"His speech got many more comments than.."

Where's Dan when we need him? If only he could resist the opportunity to play a gambit.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
:)He Knew which buttons to press to get Elected .If we elected some of the posters on hear we would be all gone by now.:)

You are doing it deliberately now aren't you. ;) Still, I'm glad to see that you didn't let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back