Pre arrears condition&credit card debt

meekakeszi

Personal and income details
Net (i.e. after tax) Income self: Illness Benefit 188 € per week
Income history: e.g. I was in full time employment for 8 years.I lost job in March 2012, I am on Illness Benefit (spinal fusion surgery) since October 2012
Net income partner/spouse: Jobseeker Allowance 124 per week (he did not get full amount of 188 € because I am on Illness Benefit and we cohabiting - how crazy is that?)

Income history: He was in full time employment for 5 years.Lost job in 2011. He was on Jobseeker Benefit and Back to Education allowance until May 2013. He is looking for a job.
number of children 0
Amount of Mortgage Interest Supplement received: 0 We applied for MIS in April 2012 after I lost job and were refused
Home loan: 211000
Lender: BOI
Amount outstanding: 200000
Value of home: We bought for 230000 now value is 190000
Interest rate: 4.2% fixed rate for 2 years
Monthly repayment: 850
Amount in arrears: pre arrears conditions
Additional Income:Renting a room for 240 €

Summary of discussions and agreements with the bank e.g. We are in pre arrears conditions. We just started process with MABS and we do not know how to deal with bank. What can they offer to us? We have 5000 debt on 2 credit cards and started having difficulties to repay our mortgage. Should we deal first with credit cards debt or mortgage??

Other loans and creditors
Credit Card: 5000 € debt
Family 5000 € (needed money for my spinal surgery)

Other savings and investments: N/A

How important is retaining the family home to you?
Which of the following best describes your situation?

I would like to keep it, but will get rid of it if it means I can get rid of the mortgage associated with it.
We could change for smaller house.

Any other relevant information
We have 5000 € debt on 2 credit cards which we cannot repay. We do not have car or TV. Basically we are paying our bills and have money to buy food,bus tickets.

What is your preferred realistic outcome?
We cannot afford 850 € mortgage per month. We could change for smaller house or apply to lower our interest rate.We do not want to go into arrears.

Any advice??

Your joint income is €188 plus €124 = €312 per week.

Out of this you are paying a mortgage of €1,025 a month = €236 per week

This leaves two people €75 a week to live on.

And you are not in arrears.

Please look over this again. There must be some some further dimension to your situation

We rent a room for 240 € per month.
And mortgage interest relief is 175 so our mortgage is 1025-175=850

Back