PRD deduction after ceasation pension contribtions

Broadcaster

Hi,
Does anyone know what the situation is regarding the deduction of PRD once you finish paying into the public service superannuation scheme. I would have thought this is no longer applicable as contribution will also have ceased. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance.

As the PRD is not tied/linked to pension benefits, I strongly suspect you can't avoid it.

As the PRD is not tied/linked to pension benefits, I strongly suspect you can't avoid it.
If/when you are no longer in receipt of salary from a Public Service employment then the PRD deduction ceases.

The PRD levy is not taken from pension income.

Hi,
Does anyone know what the situation is regarding the deduction of PRD once you finish paying into the public service superannuation scheme. I would have thought this is no longer applicable as contribution will also have ceased. Is this the case?

Thanks in advance.

You can't stop paying into the PS pension scheme unless you (a) retire/die or (b) resign/career break. After you retire, you or your heirs will continue to pay a pension reduction until the pension stops.

Hi Slim,
In the organisation that I work for I can remain on in employment after my 65th birthday but all contribution to a pension ceases. Any extra years I continue to work will not count towards my pension. In other words my pension will remain at the same level as at my 65th birthday and I receive that only when I retire. So if the PRD is not related to the pension in any way, then I assume I continue to have that deducted along with other items like PRSI?

Hi Slim,
In the organisation that I work for I can remain on in employment after my 65th birthday but all contribution to a pension ceases. Any extra years I continue to work will not count towards my pension. In other words my pension will remain at the same level as at my 65th birthday and I receive that only when I retire. So if the PRD is not related to the pension in any way, then I assume I continue to have that deducted along with other items like PRSI?
Ah! New one on me. I presume so, then. You will continue to pay 'Pension Levy'.

Back