postponing E.A.T. hearing - proof of consent from employer, closed since Aug?

F

frankcesca

Hi all, here is my strange situation:

I was made redundant with less than 1 day's notice in Nov 2010. Applied to DETI for a hearing in Dec 2010.

In March 2011 I moved out of the country with my appeal still pending. Aug 2011 my employer closed shop with no notice to anyone. I heard many of my colleagues received redundancy some point after.

Have just received notice of my hearing for 31 May but I am trying to postpone until my trip to Dublin in July -- and in order to postpone I need to show proof of trying to contact my employer to consent to the postponement. within 5 days of receiving notice!

Having lived outside the country for 14 months, I haven't a clue if there is a liquidator involved or how to find out. The only email addresses or phone numbers I had were from when my employer was still operating when I left the country. They are not listed on insolvencyjournal.ie. I am trying to ask past colleagues who they talked to about their own payments.

Does anyone have experience about what proof the EAT would like to see for trying to contact a company that's out of business? How do I find out whether they had a liquidator within the next week? Can I prove my attempts by trying to email in-company addresses and phone numbers that fail to answer, or would they expect me to look for liquidators and info that's probably 9 months old by now?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Back