Pocket money for a school trip tobFrance

LisaEmily

Hi my son is going to France at the end of March on a school cultural trip. How much pocket money does he need?! He's staying BB at his hotel so will need to buy himself lunch each day, maybe an uber or two, and some goodies along the way I'm assuming..... Any help would be much appreciated.

If he's staying BB at the hotel won't he need dinner also?
Maybe €25 per day if he doesn't need dinner, €40 per day if he does, with an extra €50 - €100 for contingency?

Have the school confirmed that entrance fees to cultural museums etc are included?

Time is perhaps too short to give him a preloaded debit-card - one which you can top-up from here ensuring he gets (extra) funds straight away if needs be ?

UB have a facility whereby you can send emergency funds to someone via their mobile; they get a number to insert into an ATM. Would this facility be offered internationally at a sister bank, unlikely ... but ...

Ha, read the heading too quick, phew, thought it read, pocket the money for a school trip to France.

Time is perhaps too short to give him a preloaded debit-card - one which you can top-up from here ensuring he gets (extra) funds straight away if needs be ?

UB have a facility whereby you can send emergency funds to someone via their mobile; they get a number to insert into an ATM. Would this facility be offered internationally at a sister bank, unlikely ... but ...
Thanks but I'm not sure I can get that done from Kenya... I'll check

As an Irish website,we give answers and advice relevant to predominantly Irish residents,unless contrary information is supplied.
I don't think Kenya was on anyone's mind when giving advice about prepaid cards!
Anyway,as others have said,€600 ish.

I would say somewhere in the region of €10 for lunch and €20 for dinner per day, this should be more then enough to cover in-between meal drinks and snacks
Then if all other activities are cover by the school then all they need is personal spending money €100/€200??

I'd have thought the school would collect a set amount for food, eg, b/fast, lunch/tea from the parents and then aprox €15/20 per day spending money. Lets say the food comes in at aprox the same per day as the spending money, then that might be a good guide. Don't go down the road of Tom Dick and Harry are getting more than me argument, there's always going to be someone with a stash. I would be thinking €500 and explaining it.

Back