Plumbing costs for removing and replacing 2 shower doors and 1 tray

Starlet

How much would it cost to take out 2 old shower doors and shower tray standard and install 2 new shower doors and tray.

If everything is of the same size I’d say your talking about 3/4hrs work for a plumber so anywhere from €150-€350.

However get a plumbing company in I’d be inclined too think of €500 upwards.

If everything is of the same size I’d say your talking about 3/4hrs work for a plumber so anywhere from €150-€350.

However get a plumbing company in I’d be inclined too think of €500 upwards.
Would that take into account if there was a bit of work with build up from the old shower tray and piping etc.

Would that take into account if there was a bit of work with build up from the old shower tray and piping etc.
It would really depend on what’s involved tbh.
But both figures quoted would get you close enough.

Ideally get 3 quotes and compare is the best option but finding tradesmen too do the actual job might be tricky.

Yeah, devil is in the details of these kinds of jobs. It wouldn't be uncommon to find issues caused by leaks over the years that might mean additional work will be required.

How they build up the level from the old tray will be critical too, any movement or sagging there over time will result in leaks.

Are the showers tiled currently? It ranges between tricky and impossible to remove a tray without damaging tiles.

Not quite the same thing but in 2021 my downstairs wet room needed work because I put my foot through the floor of the shower area
The fix was to replace the shower area with a base board and tile
I got three quote, one from a Dublin plumbing company of around €2k and was told I wouldn't get better by the sales rep
The second was a builder recommended to us by my BIL, came in at €3k but felt it was really a pfo quote
The third was a neighbours recommendation that came in at €900 all in, which is what we went for

So yeah, as Pinoy adventure suggested get at least 3 quotes but also try your neighbours as they might know somebody in the trade

Back