Planning refused if I buy a house?

tmurphy1

Hi,
I live(rent) and work in kildare and wanted to buy a house to save paying rent in Kildare meath area between myself and a friend, I was told by a friend that if I own a house in kildare or anywhere in ireland ill not get planning permission at home in louth where im originally from and want to settle is this true or is there any way i can work around this?

As far as I am aware you can show you have a housing need as you are currently renting and dont own a property. Also as you are from the area so this will assist you with getting planning. As far as I can see you are in a good position. The only thing that may go against you is that you work in Kildare. If you wanted to make your position stronger you could move back in with your parents when making the application.

hi,

It depends on the County Development Plan of your area. I just been through the planning proceess myself. On the planning application form one of the question asked was "do you have an interest in a property"? I do own a house but I had to prove a need to build another house. I filled the rest of the criteria i.e. have lived in the locality for the last 14 years and so on. I was successful in my application but it wasn't easy. In my own opinion I think it depends on when you want to build but I would hold off purchasing if I were in your shoes - it definitely goes more in your favour if you don't have a house.

Ring the planners in Co Louth. They are more than willing to help and are not there to 'catch you out' I know there was a new rule brought in with Louthcoco last year (July 14th) that if you own a house within the last five years you won't get planning permission. I think this is if you own a house in Co louth and are looking for PM in Co louth. But I'm not sure what the story is if you own a house in another County.

I recently applied for planning permission in co. louth. One of their local needs includes that the site must be within 4 kms of your parents house (a crows fly). you will find all the details in their development plan on their website www.louthcoco.ie

Back