Planning permission

How long is a piece of string.Get a good draughtsman/archetect and it may help to shorten the process if they know it well. It will also depend what coco you are applying to.

I lodged mine with Louth county council on the 18th december, decision due on the 20th february according to their website
www.louthcoco.ie and the planning section will give you all the details you need

If a planning dept. is up against it work wise and struggling to meet the deadline they may issue a request for additional information (or, they may just need additional information) which can/will extend the period you wait.

It really is a "piece of string" question...

Louth county council came back with a valid additional information request for our application, the time taken from putting it in to receiving an answer was a finite time as we expected it to be and as defined on their web site i.e. 12 weeks for a decision by which time they can request additional information. There was no guessing at how long it would take except if it had happened earlier. I would highly recommend meeting with the planning officer before you put in your application, this way the likelihood of any additional information requests is reduced.

I'd second everything erf fran said.
Definately arrange a planning meeting (try to have a fairly solid idea of what you want to get permission for to bring to the meeting).
Louth coco made a decision on ours in 12 weeks in total and I found them very helpful too.

Back