Planning application - 'additional information'

orka

What does 'additional information' mean on a planning application? Developers have applied for a high density (mainly apartments) housing complex behind my parents home (houses in the area are generally detached/semi-detached). The planning authority (Fingal coco) have asked for additional information instead of an outright rejection - one of the items requested a resubmission based on a maximum of 50-60 units per hectare instead of the 84 in the original plans. Does this mean the coco have bought into the idea of 50-60 units per hectare if other bits and pieces are complied with or could they still reject outright? The thing is so hideous and large that all the residents were sure it would be rejected outright - should they worry that additional information has been sought with suggestions for reduced (but still v high for the area) density?

Further information or additional as you called it means the Council haven't made up their mind, are trying to buy a bit more time before deciding. Generally though not in all cases I have been told from Architects in the past this is also a good sign for any prospective builder -there is a good chance that the planning will go ahead subject to the information being supplied correctly and conditions followed also. Though on saying that if there are any submissions (objections) against that planning application this holds it up and somtimes because of these submissions it can get turned down. You can check on the internet to look up the planning application whatever the website is for fingal co co, go into the planning section and then into enquire, type in the planning application number if know, if not the name of the company intending to build and the address of where they intend to build. Now I presume Fingal have this set up as other County councils do. I wish you the best.

Back