PIPs rejecting me

BrokeGuy

Hi there,

I am tired of kicking the can down the road so I made contact with a PIP, a PIP from a very well known (non big 4) accountancy firm and they looked at my numbers and politely said they can't help us.

We wouldn't have a sufficient surplus to make a realistic contribution towards the arrears over 6 years and we don't have a lump sum.

He also said bankruptcy wouldn't be an option as we have nothing to offer the creditors (I am not sure what he is on about here???). Bankruptcy would be difficult for me as I work with Government and it would have to be disclosed and if disclosed you can forget about promotions etc.

Yesterday I wrote a 4 page letter to AIB and BOS saying "hey this is what we have, this is what we owe" and "please can we come to some sort of arrangement" but what else can I do?

(i provided all my financial info in a previous post)

Hi there,

I am tired of kicking the can down the road so I made contact with a PIP, a PIP from a very well known (non big 4) accountancy firm and they looked at my numbers and politely said they can't help us.

We wouldn't have a sufficient surplus to make a realistic contribution towards the arrears over 6 years and we don't have a lump sum.

He also said bankruptcy wouldn't be an option as we have nothing to offer the creditors (I am not sure what he is on about here???). Bankruptcy would be difficult for me as I work with Government and it would have to be disclosed and if disclosed you can forget about promotions etc.

Yesterday I wrote a 4 page letter to AIB and BOS saying "hey this is what we have, this is what we owe" and "please can we come to some sort of arrangement" but what else can I do?

(i provided all my financial info in a previous post)
Broke Guy.
From what you say.
1. You have used AAM to see can an equitable solution be found.
2. You have approached BOS & AIB to seek a solution.
3. You obviously require closure.
. Await responses from AIB & BOS.
If both are negative ,
Call to local MABS centre , they may have better luck with Banks and appear to at least get a hearing.

Make sure you keep enough funds to have a semblance of a normal life.
Pay what you can reasonably afford.

The unpayable portion of your Debt will only go away when you force matters.
eg ,go to Mabs , eg your 4 page letter.
At worst you go Bankrupt , but think about that , it means 100% Freedom from the Dead hand of unsustainable debt!
Promotion wouldn,t be much good if you still owed a fortune.
The way things are I cannot see Bankruptcy staying as a black mark on people.
Otherwise, can you see yourself still writing letters in 3 more years? and still with an elephant on your back?.

Good luck.

Back