persistant sales calls from Optic Communications

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
I have asked these peoiple to take me off their call list but was told that the can't, the system just pumps out the numbers & the operator has no control. When I told a female operator that that was redicilous and that she was hassleing people, she said she needed the cash.............Makes you wonder what else she would do for money......

How do I get in?

I feel left out

How do you join their club?

Brad seems like a nice bloke
(Edited as I cannot type properly yet)

Count yourself lucky, by the sounds of it. The is dead, but Brad sounds very much alive.........

it is almost three weeks and brad hasn't called us again, i was quite interested to hear of his sister....

According to Louise McBride in the Sunday Business Post of around three weeks ago, ComReg has told them to remove misleading information from their advertising. ComReg found that the ads had wrongly stated that the Optic network was previously reserved for Fortune 500 companies. They also stated that the company provided direct phone calls without having to access an eircom phone network. According to ComREg this was inaccurate.

Optic has one month to rmove the misleading information or challenge ComReg's findings.

The full finding from ComReg is in PDF here

Brendan

Unregistered said:
Brad rings and proceeds with his intro....and launches into the 20% off bit, I try to interupt him by asking questions about ComReg and the location of his Irish office but just continued. After he finished I asked him where he was calling from to which he replied "New York Sir", so I asked my own questions like was New York big and what was the sun shining.

He then asked if I had the fax with me (I rustled some papers actulally my sandwich wrapper) and said yes, and off he launched again. After this claptrap I asked him was there a McDonalds in New York and why was NY called the big apple when there were no orchards, He then refered back to the fax, I told him I was reading the wrong fax, so the fool come back with the same story for the third time. After this I had to ask him if he had any sisters who weren't married, and his opinions on the Kyoto Treaty. I was then put on hold and a manager came on the line, Marie I think was her name, I asked her to transfer me back to my friend Brad. She said that she would deal with MY queries. I asked her why she rang, she then got into the grove, 20%off.... I then asked her if she played Camogie, when I got it "thanks for taking the call sir, have a nice day" and she hung up. The call counter on the phone recorded 16 minutes.
Super response. This BT customer used a more direct method (contains a few expletives)http://www.bikechatforums.com/download.php?id=18227&sid=1c572ad90ef46f3f7bb494eb27193c6c

Back