persistant sales calls from Optic Communications

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
U

Unregistered

I am being called regularly by Optic Communications, who want to sell their telephone services, even after persistant refusals by me, the continue to call almost every second day.

Is anyone else getting these calls ?

Re: persistant sales calls

Yes !! Complete pain in the asp!

We get regular calls from Smart asking us to sign up to them- we are already their customers...

Hi Unregistered,

Are these sales calls being made to your business or to your personal home numbers?

ajapale

We keep getting these calls from Optic Communications. One said that our MD had agreed to change our business lines.

I told them he had not and requested they fax in the order form.

They sent in a load of rubbish and the phone number on it when you call diverts to a number in the Nevada Desert.

I told them not to ring again. Must have been a bit abrupt because they slammed down the phone on me.

we have been getting them calls from optics a few times a weeks as well my boss complained and they sent him a call card voucher (its no use there is delayed time when talking to someone on the other end so just threw it out) but we keep getting the calls from a girl called Tia

We got called by a very, very rude individual throughout this week.

I don't know if they are regulated by Comreg

but I will certainly make a complaint next week, now that I realize that it is a widespread pattern of theirs.

Brendan

Perhaps time for that old suggestion of talking really quietly when they call and then, when they have been lulled into a false sense of security, blowing a whistle down the line! You might not want to try this in an open plan office though. :)

...or perhaps time for [broken link removed]old remedy?

(512Kb; right-click & save as.... Warning! Strong language from the beginning...! :D)

Or tell them that you're very interested in their offer, but you just need to put them on hold for a moment before you discuss it. See how long they'll hang on waiting for you.

I've tried the following;

*being rude on the verge of swearing.
*putting them on hold for a long time
*putting phone down
*hanging up

None of which work because they just call a day or so later.

I phoned comreg who regulate them but say I have to contact them do request that they don't contact me, this I've done but had to provide them with my name & no's, anyhow comreg said if they ignore my request to complain to data commissioner, I really don't have the time to be chasing this....its such a waste of time.

We were plagued with telecom company sales pitch calls in the evening that we have now taken to screening all calls using caller id and only answering numbers that we recognise. We don't get that many landline calls anyway so it's no big deal.

I have found that the most foolproof way of dealing with them, be they business or personal callers is to politely thank them for the call and giving up their time to offer you such a valuable discount on calls. Then tell them that you are not interested, nor will you ever be interested. Then politely request that they take you off of their marketing list. This works time and time again - mind you I would like to get my hands on the company that has sold my details to all these various people who feel it is their obligation make UNBELIEVABLE offers to me ;)

I have also had numerous called from this crowd, namely Adam, Theresa and Sherry. They all have American accents and there is a delay on the phone line, as if the call is coming from the States. I have been polite, and I have had to resort to being rude! I hung up on one particular call, and he called straight back and asked in shocked tones 'Did you just hang up on me??'

I have never experienced a Sales Rep to fight back and bully you into signing up to using their product! It's not a good approach. I appreciate that the job can be quite difficult, but that is no excuse for harassment!

Just received yet another phone call from them. This is about the 3rd time they have called since I spoke to them originally, considered their offer and then declined it!

An earlier poster pointed out that the above company is regulated by Comreg. In that case the next time they call ask them to remove you from their marketing database and register your number in the National Opt Out Register. Note the date, time and name of the person you dealt with. It normally takes a month or so for the National Opt Out Register to be updated.

If they call you again you can then report the company to Comreg and the Data Protection Commissioner.

I used the above process with Smart Telecom and it worked.

Finally someone else posted that it was too much hassle to go through the above. I have to disagree. By using the mechanisms in place we do make a difference.

Reporting a crime is hassle but how do we expect the Gardai to do their job if we do not report the crime?

C

just keep leaving them on hold

if enough people keep doing that, they will soon get the message with lots of man hours waisted etc

I also got callls from optic a few weeks ago, again 3 or 4 calls in the space of as many days, some from people with american accents. Each time I was polite (even though I really wanted to put on my best american accent and say "I can't deal with you right now"!!) and asked them to take my name off their marketing list. They all came from blocked numbers. So far I have heard nothing more from them, although I did wonder when I got a missed call from a blocked number last Thursday.

Back