Paying interest only without agreement

P

PiedPiper

Hi

I have 2 loans a home loan and one other. When these were set up various things were supposed to happen within 2 years that would have cleared one loan and greatly reduced the other.

The rental income was only ever sufficient to cover interest only.

In the interim the economy has collapsed the expected rentals and sales etc all fell through.

I am left with 2 capital and interest repayments far in excess of my income, some property on the market and so on.

I got exhaustive paid for advice and put a proposal to the bank that was very reasonable and fair. The bank appeared to accept the proposal at the meeting.

They then sent me out more facility letters that were financial suicide for me for a short interest only break, I would have been mad to sign them.

I continue to pay interest only without agreement but none the less arrears of the capital part are building up. If selling something would help I would of course sell but that is not the case.

Any suggestions or comments welcome

They then sent me out more facility letters that were financial suicide for me for a short interest only break, I would have been mad to sign them.

What were you proposing?

What did they offer?

Which lender is it?

What rates are you paying at the moment? Did they propose to change them?

You mention "some property on the market". Do you have other properties against which you have no mortgage?

The properties are

2 Apartments one is my PPR but I do rent to flatmates. (Loan 511)

2 small commercial units valued at 70K each (loan 120)

What were you proposing?
Interest only for 2 years with much reduced capital repayments on home loan only and actively market commercial units.

What did they offer?
5 Months interest only but I had to repay the full (120) at the end of the 5 months which I couldn't do and a free hand to apply charges and hold the home loan on a commercial basis, I had full statement of affairs and so on detailed presentation.

Which lender is it?
NIB

What rates are you paying at the moment? Did they propose to change them?

5.8 on the home loan fixed for another 18 months unfortunately my home loan is locked in with the other buy to let and both on a commercial basis.

The smaller loan is on variable rate

You mention "some property on the market". Do you have other properties against which you have no mortgage?

No I wish I had, at one point I did have but put it up against a second small commercial unit.

Back