Pay AIB credit card with Revolut

coolwap

I opened AIB Platinum Credit Card last month (couldn't wait for Revolut to launch their product). My balance is -2218 EUR at this moment and the minimum payment of 194 EUR is due by 14th of March.

I have set up 100% Direct Debit to be charged from my Revolut account but I don't like direct debits and would like to have control of when/how much I pay. I am scared that AIB will charge the entire 2218 EUR balance on the last due day (14th of March) and if I am a few EUR short, it will fail resulting in a ruined credit history and a late payment fee.

How do I pay off my AIB credit card manually from Revolut account? I can't find any account details or instructions on online banking.

It's so frustrating that you can't just transfer money using the card number in Ireland.

At the moment you cannot successfully pay your AIB credit card from your Revolut Account via manual transfer.

There is an issue in which the reference number is transferred that is not working as AIB expects or as Revolut should send it (depending on who you talk to).

If you look at another big internet forum you will find plenty of reports about this issue in their Revolut Megathread.

If you want to pay and don't have any other Irish Account, cash at AIB / Post Office might be your only way to make other payments than direct debit.

Can you log in to your AIB Credit Card account, & pay whatever amount you choose with your Revolut card ?
I know that's not a direct debit, as per your op, but it allows you to pay varying amounts, as and when you please, using the 'Pay Now' option.
This is how I pay my An Post credit card from Revolut.

Be careful with manual payments to your AIB Credit Card if you have a DD mandate in place. .

I generally pay my CC in full by DD. Both my CC and current a/c are with AIB. On a couple of occasions since I moved to AIB (when UB deserted us) I made manual payments (AIB Online Transfer) mid-month to reduce my CC balance and free up the amount of credit available. On both occasions the manual payment was 12/14 days before the DD was due to be taken. I had assumed that the manual payment would reduce the DD amount, as it used to do with UB. It didn't, they took the amount originally shown on my previous statement, resulting in a substantial and useless credit balance on my CC. Fortunately my current account had sufficient funds to cover this. I phoned AIB on the first occasion to try to get an understanding of the timeline and cutoffs, but as usual with AIB phone support it was a futile exercise and a waste of my time.

I opened AIB Platinum Credit Card last month (couldn't wait for Revolut to launch their product). My balance is -2218 EUR at this moment and the minimum payment of 194 EUR is due by 14th of March.

I have set up 100% Direct Debit to be charged from my Revolut account but I don't like direct debits and would like to have control of when/how much I pay. I am scared that AIB will charge the entire 2218 EUR balance on the last due day (14th of March) and if I am a few EUR short, it will fail resulting in a ruined credit history and a late payment fee.

How do I pay off my AIB credit card manually from Revolut account? I can't find any account details or instructions on online banking.

It's so frustrating that you can't just transfer money using the card number in Ireland.

AIB are funny, there is an IBAN for payments from non-Irish accounts and from Irish accounts. There may be an issue paying from Revolut see this discussion on Boards. There is also an older AAM discussion. Use your card number as the reference. You may need to trial a few test payments so maybe pay your bill in Branch before relying on the bank transfer as it takes a few days to show on the account.

Non-Irish: IE92AIBK93011399945304
Irish: IE60AIBK93029699903412

I used the non-Irish one last week. I don't use the Irish one so I cant verify it.

It doesn't solve your Revolut query, but you can set up your DD so it only takes the minimum. But then you do need to manually transfer the rest each month

Sorry coolwap and I mean no disrespect but if you can't manage to pay a DD on a CC well then maybe using a CC is not an option for you
Wouldn't delaying the purchase by a few weeks making sure you have funds and using a DC not be a better option for you??

Sorry coolwap and I mean no disrespect but if you can't manage to pay a DD on a CC well then maybe using a CC is not an option for you
Thanks for the suggestion but I have been using credit cards without any issues my entire life.

I just don't like the idea of putting off the payment to the last day possible. I would rather pay it off on a pay-day and continue using the card. Even if you are not able to pay a full amount by the end of month, you would pay an interest on the amount that you have actually used rather than full balance because you waited till the deadline.

The only problem is how to do it because AIB Online Banking does not really provide any instructions, options to pay or account details.

AIB are funny, there is an IBAN for payments from non-Irish accounts and from Irish accounts. There may be an issue paying from Revolut see this discussion on Boards. There is also an older AAM discussion. Use your card number as the reference. You may need to trial a few test payments so maybe pay your bill in Branch before relying on the bank transfer as it takes a few days to show on the account.

Non-Irish: IE92AIBK93011399945304
Irish: IE60AIBK93029699903412

I used the non-Irish one last week. I don't use the Irish one so I cant verify it.

I pay my AIB credit card on a monthly basis from my N26 current account, using this IBAN and putting my credit card number as the reference. I would have thought the same would work for Revolut but perhaps not.

I pay my AIB credit card on a monthly basis from my N26 current account, using this IBAN and putting my credit card number as the reference. I would have thought the same would work for Revolut but perhaps not.
I will give this a try. Thank you!

@coolwap - Can you not go into "Pay & Transfer" in your AIB App and Cancel the DD to your CC.

Unsure if this would work, but worth looking.

I only have a AP CC and I pay as described above on the Web Page with my AIB debit card - But assume you coudl figure out a way to do that with your Revo card.

Some Credit Unions do payments on their Online Banking. Check with your nearest one. You log in and make the payment manually. Hardest thing is remembering,

Back