Partner going bankrupt - what information do I put on form?

rion

Hi my partner is getting his papers filled out to file for bankruptcy and we would appreciate any help/guidance.

A little background my partner and I got together 3 years ago he had left his house as he was having seizures and there was so many steps up to it, it was too dangerous so he went to live with his parents. He lost his job at the same time and fell into huge arrears. The bank took the house off him last year.

At present he is living with me in my house which I purchased in June this year with money I had saved and a 19000 credit union loan.

When it comes to the assets section under car/household furniture do I write in how much everything cost even though it was paid by me money. My car which I purchased 2 years ago do I write this in, its in my name and under income do I write in my income at present he is getting illness benefit.

Thanks

Marie

Your income and assets are completely separate from your partner's? Why would you need to put any information on the form?

Yes, it's your partner who is going bankrupt, not you. Don't put anything down that has to do with you.

It would be a good idea to pay a few quid to get professional advice to ensure that everything is completed properly.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Step back here !!

Its your home, its your car, its your furniture and its your income

If the above statement is correct and your partner does not or has not contributed to the assets then why in Gods name are you putting any of your details on his petition for Bankruptcy

If your partner is living in the same house if his paying rent or helping with household bills he can enter that info but you as a private individual have no part in the bankruptcy

Dont get involved....... support him of course but its not your bankrutcy

Regards
LB

Hi thanks for replys!..

Do you think if we offered my partners pension to the bank which has just over 9000 in it, do you think the bank would consider writing off the rest. I was thinking off ringing them Tomoro with this offer but dont want to look stupid if this is off no worth to them?

Also we have an appointment with a PIP on Wednesday to write us a letter confirming that my partner is not suitable for personal insolvency, we will have to pay him 270 do we need this letter before we can file for bankruptcy.

Appreciate all your help

Regards

Marie

Hi rion

You should set out all your partner's information in this format:
Information required for mortgage arrears and negative equity questions

It's not possible to give you meaningful suggestions otherwise.

I think you should hold off meeting the PIP, until you have a clearer idea of what you want.

If you are prepared to use your money to get a write off from the lenders, then you should not be wasting money on a PIP. I am not suggesting that you should. But if you think that €9,000 may get the debts written off in an informal agreement, then that seems like good value to me.

Brendan

Back