Part-time Benefits

pillowtalk

Hi,

I currently work on a part-time basis (hours vary from week-to-week). I receive job-seekers benefit for the days I do not work.
I received a 'form' from the SW - asking about my attempts to find full-time work...I filled this out and returned it.
I also stated in the form that as my hours/days vary from week-to-week, trying to get another part-time job to coincide with this would be virtually impossible. Would I be right in thinking that now they can stop paying me for the days I am not working - even though I am seeking fulltime employment.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You may be called for an interview/assessment to see how genuine your efforts to seek work for the days they are paying you for are. You will need to have documentary evidence available to back up your claim of actively seeking employment, ie letters from potential employers stating that they are unable to employ you for the hours/or on the days you are available for work.

See employment rights for part-time workers at [broken link removed]

I also stated in the form that as my hours/days vary from week-to-week, trying to get another part-time job to coincide with this would be virtually impossible. Would I be right in thinking that now they can stop paying me for the days I am not working - even though I am seeking fulltime employment.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Your claim is paid on the basis that you are looking for full-time work....unless you state (give the impression?) that you are only available for and seeking part-time work, they will accept that you are taking waht you can get now but trying fro a full-time job as well. From what you say, all you're telling them is that you're looking for fulltime as well as another part-time job so it should be no problem.

Back