Parsons Court, Newcastle, Co Dub: No sign of the builder returning signed contracts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Parsons Court, Newcastle Co Dublin?

Hi All,

This is very interesting reading. I went to see the developmenton Sun and were thinking of putting in an offer. We were told that the company was in liquidations its been managed by Kieran wallace of KPMG and EBS. Can anyone share with me if any of the issues have been sorted out since first posting in july. They're being still advertised for 370,000 has this changed?
Thanks

some people are still having issues & I don't think any has closed a deal yet!! People are still being messed about!! Everyone is being told different stories...

the saga with Parsons Court still goes on, still lack of communication from KBA/Ballynakelly. People should not deal as prices may still fall.

From what I've heard, Parsons Court is a disaster from start to finish.

The receiver has not affected anything:

- The road is not surfaced
- The bin enclosure is not done
- The snag lists have not even been started ( somebody said they had to get a roof replaced )
- It has been hinted that the entrance gate will not ever be completed
- The bicycle enclosure has not been completed
- The car spaces haven't been marked out, not even temporarily
- Nobody knows who is responsible for the sewage man-holes, be it the council or the owners

Some of the posters here have been waiting months with zero progress. The lack of a valid explanation for this is totally baffling.

We are waiting for at least one poster to say that they have gotten their keys, otherwise there is no point in wasting our time going anywhere near Parsons Court.

EDIT: Could you folks keep us informed via this forum if its not to much trouble as its more useful than contacting the selling agent.

Hi everyone,
Has anyone signed any contracts for Parsons Court yet? Or have any of the snag lists been started yet?? If you wouldn't mind keeping us informed here.

We still haven't signed for Parsons Court. We're waiting on some visible sign that the road has been started and the bins enclosure is going up. It's been almost a month now since the last promises to complete the development were made, and in the mean time the only sign of any progress is that a skip has been filled and removed - with what I don't know. They've put "SOLD" signs up in the windows of a few of the houses but I haven't heard if anyone's got their keys. It doesn't look like anything's happening.

That’s comical about the 'sold' signs in the windows! The house in Parsons Court I’m 'trying' to buy certainly is not sold...far from it, the longer this drags out we're thinking about just cutting our losses.

Hi Gypsie... just a minor addition to your post... the construction company for Parsons Court was called Walsh Maguire, who went into liquidation (in March I think) and this was handled by KPMG. So the builders are long gone, which is why there's nobody to do the snags.

The development company (ultimate beneficiaries in the development e.g. investors/property developers) for Parsons Court went into receivership in mid August. That's now being managed by a company called Baker Tilly Ryan Glennon on behalf of EBS, who were their creditors.

Hi all
I went back up on sunday. The only houses they had "for sale" was 37, 38 and end of terrace were the care taker stays. Are they bulling people or have deposits been taken on all the rest of the house, Also are all of you first time buyers or are any trading up and selling at the moment. I selling and they said there relunctant to take on trader up?

Hi Everyone

I have been keeping track of this thread. I hate to be the one to say it but is the writing not on the wall here..? This estate seems to be going nowhere and not likely to be any time soon either. If these houses do eventually sell, it will be for much less then the price that is currently being banded about.

There appears to be a lot of irregular things going on with the sale of these houses and too many good people have already been messed about enough by builders in this country. If you can get out of buying, then maybe it is the best option, no matter how nice you feel the houses are..

Hi Everyone

I have been keeping track of this thread. I hate to be the one to say it but is the writing not on the wall here..? This estate seems to be going nowhere and not likely to be any time soon either. If these houses do eventually sell, it will be for much less then the price that is currently being banded about.

There appears to be a lot of irregular things going on with the sale of these houses and too many good people have already been messed about enough by builders in this country. If you can get out of buying, then maybe it is the best option, no matter how nice you feel the houses are..

Hi Pixied - you're absolutely right. But every time we go to pull out, we're told that they are 'so close' to finishing. We've been given a definite move-in timeframe a number of times... with very believable reasons as to why they're certain that this will be the last time they'll delay things. So it has been a case of never really knowing when they'll actually DO something in terms of the road/bins/gate/snags etc. The reason we're all hanging in there is because we keep being told that it's a sure thing... it'll definitely be next week because XYZ... I'll definitely let you know tomorrow because XYZ... it'll definitely be within 2 weeks... oh.. now that the receiver has been appointed it'll definitely be next week.. etc etc. All valid reasons at each stage, but absolutely zero forsight as to potential delays or time needed for planning certain aspects of the site works... and therefore, VERY misleading information.

It's thoroughly frustrating. We gave notice on our apartment last month following their latest round of promises so we've to move house again... there are so many repercussions to these delays - rent is only one of them. Once we're settled somewhere else we can take a proper look at other options. I think it will be some time next year before Parsons Court are ready to hand over keys.

I honestly can't believe you are all still being messed about! It is an absolute disgrace...We have decided to not to buy & keep well away! I really hope anyone waiting to move gets sorted asap.

Hi All - quick update - more heartache - the roof that they replaced for us in no.34 looks like it's leaking again. We were assured of a good quality job. If I hadn't been stopping by so often to check on things I'd never have known.

Back to square one, I just can't believe this. I mean - what other structural problems are we going to find if we choose Parsons Court?

Feeling thoroughly defeated.

some people are still having issues & I don't think any has closed a deal yet!! People are still being messed about!! Everyone is being told different stories...
hi just been reading ure comments looking at parsons court dont know what to do now

I'd be running away as fast as i could from this development, sooooo glad we walked away when we did (over a year ago)

Hi folks, any update on Parsons Court?

Have any of you moved in?

hey benny,
No, don't believe anyone has moved in yet. I'm waiting since July now! The latest thing to hold it up is HomeBond - they wont issue certs on the houses. Does anyone know anything about pyrite testing going on in Parsons Court?

Hi folks - sorry no reply to the PM's but I haven't been on the forum for a while. If you want information I'm seriously not the best person to recommend Parsons Court. Contact the agent, their info's on daft.

No, we haven't moved in yet, we've been waiting since 1st week in June.
Don't know much about the tests, except to say that they've drilled a big groundhole in the living room of the house we were trying to buy, no. 34 Parsons Court. Apparently I shouldn't worry (!), they'll fill it back up again, but, in case the newly poured concrete causes cracks while it settles... we would be advised not to put a permanent floor covering down for .... get this... about 6 months!! Whatever they extracted (some sub-floor? I don't really understand) has to be tested but that could take anything up to a month by itself. In any case, the damage is done.

Don't know what else to say really. Snags still outstanding, road still not started etc. etc. and 6 months without a proper floor in the main living room.

...oh, but it does appear that they've fixed the leaking kitchen flatroof.

Wow, that's an answer and a half. Thanks a million! I suppose it's no surprise that they've written themselves out of all responsibility in our contract. They are insisting on no recourse, despite no test results yet. Makes me think they must know something I don't. I'm extremely suspicious, and very worried. They're telling us not to panic, while absolving themselves of any obligation to pay up if something goes wrong.

Thanks quasar, i didn't realise how serious this was. I guess I definitely wont be buying a house in parsons court without HomeBond, or recourse through Baker Tilly.
Has there been any updates on the 'caretaker' arrangements that were proposed and then revoked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back