Parsons Court, Newcastle, Co Dub: No sign of the builder returning signed contracts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub25

Hi

Just wondering has anyone else here bought in Parson's Court, Newcastle Co Dublin?

Back in mid May we put down a booking deposit on a mid terrace there. It took nearly a month and a half for the contracts to be issued firstly. A week later we signed and paid over the balance of our deposit.

Now nearly a month on we have no sign of the builder returning the contracts signed or even communicating with our solicitor?? We dont know whats happening?

A similar incident happened to us trying to buy a house in Newcastle Manor earlier this year - (both sides had contracts signed and the deal still fell through) so we are quite anxious something is up?

Re: Parsons Court

Hi Dub25,

We're in a smiliar situation but haven't handed over anything more than our initial booking deposit. We had a bid accepted at the start of June and received contracts and paperwork shortly after. Our solicitor sent them a request for additional documentation before allowing us to sign contracts of which they only supplied a third and ignored any reference to the rest. It took them weeks to even supply that.

Since then both my partner and I have been in weekly (sometimes daily) contact with the Estate Agent (KBA Property Partners) who seems to be taking the approach the it will all be sorted in the end. No consolation to us when the expiry date on our Loan Offer is fast approaching. I know that the original builder Walsh Maguire have gone into liquidation but when we queried this before bidding we were told it wouldn't affect the purchase at all.

Our own solictor called their solicitor yesterday on my request to see if we could get things moving but he was told that the person he needed to speak with wasn't available and they were just waiting on some paperwork from the architects that was due today. As yet there's been no update to confirm same from our solicitor.

I'll keep chasing and update you if there's any progress but I'm not hopeful. So much for a buyers market!

we looked at these houses a year ago, that was before the builders went bust and they were looking for alot more money for the houses. We had the builders try push us into signing at that time but in the end we took our deposit back because we were concerned about a few things
1) mainly the fact that the bin storage that was supposed to be provided as part of the terms of planning permission hadn't been built and know the builders are gone there is little likely hood it will ever be built.
2) The road is not complete and now that will probably not happen either

If I was anybody looking at these id make sure to read the contracts very carfully.

The houses however are very nice and the fitchen is lovely I thought the bedrooms were a little small though.

Thanks Pumpkin81,

I can't believe your story - its the exact same as ours!!

We are on to KBA daily as well. And yes we found out that they went into liquidation to though Ballynakelly Limited hasn't.

We had massive delays getting additional documentation back as well but I think eventually our solicitor was satisfied with their responses. My solicitor tries to contact A.B. in the builders solicitors office but she never returns his calls and refuses to speak to him. Sounds like major troubles!

As I said we were contracted to buy a house in Newcastle Manor - its the house by the roundabout coming into Newcastle - opposite the texaco garage, but there was a charge over the house that the bank were refusing to release.

In short we would never have been able to buy this but the cost and time we put into getting that house was massive!

To be honest we're thinking of ringing today and asking to pull out. I suppose if enough people did this they would have to do something.

KBA have been very pleasant to deal with so far but there attitude is - itll all work out in the end - just dont know when that will be! It seems to be a problem between the shortfall of the proceeds and the money owed to EBS? so when this gets sorted - who knows?

I have been told that there are 7 couples due to close at a similar date although we were promised we would be in for the August bank holiday weekend. Im getting on to them again today so ill let you know how I get on.

Its reassuring to know we're not the only ones! Hopefully we'll be neighbours soon!

Re: Parsons Court, Newcastle Co Dublin?

OK so the latest update - we've pulled out! We've asked for our money back, the whole thing sounds unprofessional and I just think its never going to happen.

Hopefully one person pulling out will be enough to put the skids under them but to be honest I doubt that. Apparently the solicitor is away on holidays and his incompetent leagal exec still wont answer our calls, despite many previous warnings that we were about to pull the plug.

I've done a bit of digging about the company and the directors and Im half thinking of contacting them directly, but to be honest - Im not sure its worth chasing up.

I think the whole situation is in deadlock - involving the bank and the directors together with the rest thrown into the mix - it just sounds like its not going to work itself out in the near future and our mortgage approval will be up soon so we have to get moving.

KBA reckon this house is a bargain? - not if you cant move in!

Have you heard anything yourself?

Hi Guys,

I'm in the same situation, I'm buying a mid terrace and we put down our booking deposit about 6 weeks ago. Was getting abit frustrated trying to get answers out of KBA and we only received our contracts this week as the solicitor was on holidays for a few weeks.

We did our snag list about three weeks ago and I found out yesterday that they won't start on the snags until we sign the contracts. Found this to be a little strange... surely you'd have to be happy that everything was completed before we sign anything! They said they don't want to waste money doing the snag list if we're going to pull out of the deal. Obviously theyre getting worried! I know we can add it as a condition on the contract but it's a little off putting!

I'm getting bit worried now reading these comments too! Surely they'd be in a hurry to get all deals completed if the houses were launched in 2007!
I went two weeks ago at the weekend to the show house to check somethin and there was no one there.

I doubt theyre all sold in such a short space of time?!

What was their response to you pulling out Dub25?

Hi Lee,

We've been told that the solicitor is on holidays at the moment??? Dont know what to believe. Apparently there are 7 buyers waiting to move into Parsons court at the moment and here's three of them - if only there was some way of contacting the rest surely the threat of us all pulling out would make something happen? Maybe even a signed letter to the EBS? The reaction from KBA was that we should hang on til next week - we've been assured this will all come to a head by mid next week and then we will really know. Too be honest Im not very hopeful! As for the snag list - this should just be a list of minor repairs and alterations - it is common practice for this to be done after the signed contracts are returned - if there are any major alterations need these should be done prior to signing. Let me know if you get hear any updates, thanks!

Yeah I might actually give them a call today and tell them we're hearing nothing but bad reports and are considering pulling out ourselves. and a letters not a bad idea, least if they get a few threats it might make some sort of impact! ya'd think 3 threats of pulling the plug would be enough to shake them anyway. and i read them reviews on their solicitor! thats a bit shocking... doesn't give me much hope!
Well most of our snags are small but we've a bad leak in one of the bathrooms that needs a lot of work and one of the walls is badly cracked the whole way across which is bit worryin too.. as if it doesn't have the proper support.. I might push for them to be sorted first anyway!
Sure we'll see what happens next week and take it from there... fingers crossed!!!
Keep me updated on how you's are gettin on

Hi Guys,
Glad to see we might have strength in numbers! I spoke to KBA yesterday who were unaware that the solicitor was on holiday until they called to his office by chance. Again I expressed my unhappiness with the situation and without making direct reference to you Dub25 hinted that they were lucky to have buyers in the current market and this situation was enough to persuade anyone to cut their losses and start looking again. He mentioned that No.32 (is that you?) was threatening to pull out and that he'd conveyed in no uncertain terms to the sellers how lucky they were to have interest shown at the moment. He also mentioned that it should be all sorted in a matter of days but again I'm not convinced. Let's keep the pressure on and see if we can get it sorted! Whoever said it'd be easy to buy a house in the current market?!

yes we are no32! he mentioned something to me yesterday about it being a few days as well - not too sure what he thinks will happen but all we can do is wait and see. If it was just down to the incompetence of the solicitor I wouldn't mind so much but I honestly think its a much bigger problem. We should seriously go to Joe Duffy or someone with this!

Oh im no. 33! We could be neighbours soon... well hopefully soon!!
I just spoke to KBA and to be honest I feel lot better about it. It really does sound like whatever is going on will be sorted soon. To be fair aswell tho, they do seem v genuine so i doubt theyd lead us astray intentionally. I suppose we'll just have to hang on for d next week or so and see what happens. Its just stressful cos we're stuck in the middle and it's hard when your hearing nothin!

what did he say to u, if u dont mind telling me? u can pm me if u dont want to say it here?

I'm a little dis-heartened after reading all the comments above as me and my partner have been looking into buying parsons court.
It has been the only house we have both agreed on. The house's are beauitful and the asking price is even better :)

I also went onto that link about the solictor and MY GOD he is a wanted man.
I don't fancy all that heartache over a house the stress leaves wouldn't be able for it :)

I suppose we are just going to wait and see how you guys get on before we decide i hope you all get the outcome you are hoping for.

Reading all your mail's has been extremley interesting. We put a bid on number 36 back in May! Appartently there is also a bid on number 44! We have been quite suspious from the start, however, we really loved the house so we have been keeping our ears to the ground! Then I found you lot:) There is a god!! We have been checking with in with KB most day's, they seem to think the builders will have to accept the bid at some stage. We knew there had to be some sort of trouble in the camp.........I am staying tuned, please let me know me know how things progress.

Interestintng stuff Babycake and Mich. Does anyone know if the show houses are still open at the weekend? I think there's only a couple of houses left and there are seven people waiting to move in? The main culprit in all this seems to be the solicitor who as far as I am aware also owns the land? Has anyone's solicitor been in any communication at all with the builders solicitor?

I haven't been up in a few weeks so I am not sure. I will be due to ring KBA this week, I will ask! I think picketing on the solictors door step would be good!!!! I reckon if there is 7 waiting to move in, and I am nearly sure 3 house were already occupied, plus there is outstanding bid's on two houses I know off, I think that leave 2 houses left.

Morning all. Just a quick update. In relation to the showhouse - it's been closed for almost a month now. According to Eoin in KBA they close down for the summer. It's not like people are trying to buy or anything! I spoke to Kieran this morning about the promised resolution that was due this week. There's been no progress in our situation - our solicitor has yet to receive a response to queries he raised at the start of July. Yet again Kieran has said he'll look into it but I'm fast giving up hope. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing these problems but still can't understand the mentality of these people who should be killing themselves to complete the sales in this market. Also just to note we had our snag done on the advice of our solicitor (so as to avoid anymore delays should things ever get moving!). He noted that the flat roof over the kitchen was holding some water and would need to be looked at by the builder - this might be something for you to bear in mind when snagging.

cheers for that i will defo ask about that. I dont know how many are left because the outstanding bids may well be referred to as sale agreed. We're getting onto KBA again today, dont believe there's going to be a resolution at all. I think maybe us taking some action -like us all arriving down to the solicitors office may be the only way we will get anywhere? anyone any suggestions?

Hey guys!
Yeah i spoke to KBA and was told that the show houses are closed for August. strange if they're saying now they've been closed for the summer.. surely this would be the best time to sell! He also said to me that there was about 5 left, cos they have to sell no. 31 aswell cos its only the caretakers living there now. We had our snag done about three weeks ago and we sent it over to eoin straight away. I just cant understand what cud be holding it up. they have us all ready and waiting to get in, contracts ready (some signed), snags done.. and yet everythin is sittin there waiting. wonder what this big thing is thats due to happen this week
Maybe us arriving down in a big group is the only answer.. what do you's think?

Also a note on the snag, dunno if anybody else had this problem but in the bedroom thats directly above the kitchen the whole wall is cracked. It starts near the roof and goes right around the window then out towards the floor, he thought that we should question the support under the room as its the open plan kitchen/dining room and if thats d case it could happen again. Just another thing to look out for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back