Parking ticket "Freeman" agrument (No Contract - Return to Sender) just nonsense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossFerguson

Friends

I have lurked long and now post in the hope of help.

I have received a parking ticket on my car.

Now I was sent a link to freeman and would like the opinion of you fine folks as you seem well learned in law.

I cannot post it because i have not enough posts so will suggest you fine folks at AAM google freeman simon-ian parking ticket

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

MossyFerguson

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the ticket made out to the wrong reg?
Did you deserve the ticket because you parked where you shouldn't have or failed to display?

What i am asking is, what do folk here think of thefreeman argument that one is not bound by statute one has not agreed to. Is that all nonsense?

The freeman say they one be given a bill of exchange for claim for money with the words ' bill' and 'value' on it and if this is not furnished one is are not legally obliged to pay.

My question is as to the right/wrong of this view and if it can be challenged on this ground or is the freeman agrument nonsense?

Is this question about the validity of a parking ticket or is it a posting promoting a strange libertarian forum called [broken link removed] ?
aj

Is this question about the validity of a parking ticket or is it a posting promoting a strange libertarian forum called Tir Na Saor
I am interested in whether their[tir na saor] methods can successfuly challenge the ticket. whether they are correct. I am not promoting them. I cannot link to it but there is a case where one guy says he successfully used the methods. He was Simon
Was this a council issued ticket or some private outfit?
council. if it will not work how did this Simon guy and others succeed. And is there any truth in what they claim about one being entitled to a bill of exchange if a payment for traffic fine is claimed?If one is entitled to such a bill why do the councils not supply it on request

@ajapale I had to remove your link from the quote because links won't post for me

Tír na saor are a bunch of nutters and anyone following their advice is likely to find themselves in loads of trouble.

They may be nutters

But is there any truth in what they claim about one being entitled to a bill of exchange if a payment for traffic fine is claimed?If one is entitled to such a bill why do the councils not supply it on request?

They are wrong in my opinion. Similar arguments have been tried in the UK and things have ended badly for anyone attempting them. They even suggest sending the Queen affidavits stating they do not recognise her rule.

Just after [broken link removed]. Words fail me.

Plain wrong.

In a similar vein, I see the actor Wesley Snipes get 3 years in jail for similar arguments re (not ) paying tax.

" 'Vivre libre ou mourir' , as they say in Greece". Del Boy!

What i am asking is, what do folk here think of thefreeman argument that one is not bound by statute one has not agreed to. Is that all nonsense?

Argument has no merit. The State does not have to get every individual to agree to every individual law that is introduced. Laws are introduced by a majority vote in the Dail. If you vote against the law or dont agree with it, it still applies to you.

The argument also falls down on another point - the President personally signs all laws. The President is our representative with delegated authority to sign laws on behalf of every citizen. So you have agreed to every statute - your representative even personally signed them on your behalf.

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't need to follow me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for yourselves! You're all individuals!
Crowd: [in unison] Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You're all different!
Crowd: [in unison] Yes, we are all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...

Nice one, Hoagy.

To put it more kindly than it merits, that Tír na Saor website is bizarre.

At least the Tír na Saor website is questioning the status quo. They mightnt be right but whats wrong with interesting debate?
The system stinks and everyone whinges about it. It looks like these guys are trying to instigate change. Good luck to them.

....that is true but you will find some do not want debate as it threatens their view of things and their nice careers. They seek to make fun of things as a way to remove any truth therein. I have looked up the freeman and do not promote them but I suspect, like a stopped watch, they may be be right some of the time. This thing about whether one can be forced to pay a parking ticket without a bill of exchange being issued is interesting..........

"This thing about whether one can be forced to pay a parking ticket without a bill of exchange being issued is interesting..."

No. Its not. It is just lunatic, crazed rambling.

mf

The problem is what little merit that may be in their arguments the courts here will not accept any of it. Yer man in Leitrim is likely to get a jail sentence for continuing his charade of not acknowledging he is the person subject to the proceedings.

It is my opinion they would be better off protesting outside the Dáil or by voting for someone else at elections. Their intentions may be laudable but is it worth making a laughing stock of yourself in court and getting jail as a result?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back