Other useful European Airlines that you have used.

Tintagel

Having mainly flown with Ryanair or Aer Lingus for the past 25 years, I feel that I should be at least trying other European Airlines for 2024.

I would be interested to hear recommendations for other airlines going to European destinations that I could have a look at.

Thanks.

I fly from Cork, and rather than head for hours in the wrong direction to Dublin, I use KLM to Schiphol flights to get me to anywhere. Obviously not as cheap as Ryanair, but if you use them frequently you can build up Miles to put towards a flight.

Just go with the cheapest to where you want to go. All airlines are much the same and have one job: to get you safely from A to B. I don't understand the fuss of one over the other for the couple of hours that a European flight pretty much takes. Bring a book or an iPad or some other distraction and who cares?

Last edited:
From Cork KLM are in competition with Aer lingus. Note that Ryanair and AL are fairly unique in offering one way tickets without penalty. For Klm you really need to book return tickets to get any value.

For this Christmas Klm were expensive, SAS ex Dub were 50% of KLM which matters for a family of 4.
Unfortunately this entails a trip on GoBus to Dub T1. T1 is an absolute scruffy embarrassment to our country

Last edited:
I've used Jet2.com from Belfast to Spain. Early morning flight with a hotel stay + parking can sometimes work out a lot cheaper than flying from Dublin. Hotel is 1 minute walk from the terminal.

Iberia Express can work out well from Dublin to Spain.

Just go with the cheapest to where you want to go. All airlines are much the same and have one job: to get you safely from A to B. I don't understand the fuss of one over the other for the couple of hours that a European flight pretty much takes. Bring a book or an iPad or some other distraction and who cares?
Well it seems that Ryanair have dropped a number of destinations already for 2024. (from Dublin). These are some that I have noticed....Almeria, Rodez, Asturias, Tours....and a short lived one North of Valencia whose name I can't remember.

I think that the thread is about finding some new destinations rather than Ryanair/Aer Lingus bashing?

Note that Ryanair and AL are fairly unique in offering one way tickets without penalty.
Strange but I noticed the opposite recently with Aer Lingus. The outward price was very low, so low, that I thought that I could be smart and do an Aer Lingus outward and a Ryanair on the return journey. However when I went in to check the Aer Lingus price as a one way option...the price had almost trebled.

Well it seems that Ryanair have dropped a number of destinations already for 2024. (from Dublin). These are some that I have noticed....Almeria, Rodez, Asturias, Tours....and a short lived one North of Valencia whose name I can't remember.

I think that the thread is about finding some new destinations rather than Ryanair/Aer Lingus bashing?
Is there a list of dropped flights anywhere ? To notice dropped flights can't be too easy.

Is there a list of dropped flights anywhere ? To notice dropped flights can't be too easy.
I can't imagine that Ryanair will provide us with a list. It would be useful. I had a plan to fly in to Toulouse and out of Rodez. Bit of a road trip planned over the autumn. That plan has had to be scrapped.

I can't imagine that Ryanair will provide us with a list. It would be useful. I had a plan to fly in to Toulouse and out of Rodez. Bit of a road trip planned over the autumn. That plan has had to be scrapped.
Airlines rarely announce routes they drop.

Back