Orthopedic cover

grass

Have had different suggestions for the plan I require, and really don't know if these plans are suitable, or is there a better offer out there . .

A family of.4 . . 2adults. . 2children . .
Husband has orthopaedic issues and will prob in future need knee replacement. We are both early 50's .

Currently with VHI one plan, nurses plan.select for kids as one adult is in the hse .
Children are 6 & 4 . Need guidance on plans as am afraid to move as my husband is afraid of the waiting times.on new polices. He won't hopefully be needing any surgery for a few years and day to day health expenses are not important .
Hoping for some. guidance please

Suggested to us are:
4D health one for me
One plan 150
Benefit

I'm just so confused. .

grass,

Quick question, when is your renewal date?

Are all of you or some of you part of a company scheme, where part of your premium is paid by your employer?

Snowyb

Hi snowby, renewal is 31st Dec .. .

No, not part of a company scheme.

I'm just so confused with all the different plans
. .and was hoping to get it out of the way in the next few days otherwise, it's hanging over me .. of course, my husband doesn't seem to understand the stress involved . .lol . .

Firstly, Laya Healthcare is the best option for orthopaedic surgery(hip and knee replacement surgery).
VHI plans have 80% cover in private hospitals and Irish Life have a co-payment of 2000 per operation in a private hospital.
Laya plans fully cover orthopaedic surgery in all private hospitals and 3 hi-tech hospitals with no shortfall and no excess to pay.
Moving from a VHI 80% cover plan to a Laya 100% full cover plan will involve a 2 year upgrade waiting time only for orthopaedic surgery, as he has a pre-existing condition. If he is to have knee replacement surgery within the next 2 years, 80% orthopaedic cover would apply but there is
the option to have surgery in Blackrock Clinic as that hospital does not pass the 20% shortfall charge onto the patient.
After 2 years on the Laya plan, full orthopaedic cover will apply in all private and hi-tech hospitals.

Husband Option;
The following plan is worth considering;
1. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech hospital excess 150 x 2 max per year
for all admissions to private/hi-tech hospitals -regardless of how many. Day case excess 50 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public
hospital. Orthopaedic surgery fully covered in all private and hi-tech hospitals, no excess, no shortfall. Good day to day cover included, 50%
refund for consultant visits, gp visits, dental, etc. upto a max refund 50% of 1000 = 500.
[broken link removed]

Wife Option;
2. Essential Health 300; price 895pa; all public, private and Beacon hi-tech hospital covered, private hospital excess 300 x 2 max per year for all
admission regardless of how many. Day case excess 125 per procedure in private hospitals.
[broken link removed]

Note; If you want cover to include the 3 hi-tech hospitals for yourself, you could also choose Simply Connect.

Child Options;
Laya Healthcare has a special offer whereby you pay for the 1st child and the rest of the children go free.
The following 2 plans are part of this special offer and worth considering;

3. Laya Essential Health 300; price 234pa; all public,private and Beacon hospital covered, private excess 300 x 2 per year for all admissions
regardless of how many, day case excess 125 per procedure.

4. Laya Flex 125 Explore; price 343pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission and day
case excess 50 per procedure. Note; all childrens hospitals are public, but also the 3 hi-tech hospitals Mater Private, Blackrock Clinic and Beacon
hospital offer a range of childrens surgery for kids over 3 years of age.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back