Opel Corsa

Great, I've one that got me the whole way to Croatia, up and down to Zagreb, around Eastern Europe and still runs well. They're pretty cheap to run and maintain too.

We have a 99 corsa so far we have had to replace a steering rack ,idle stepper motor (250 euro), exhaust , cat convertor, alternator , battery , oil pressure switch.'Steer clear' of these unreliable cars.
Having said that they are a common car with second hand parts a plenty,
apart from the idle stepper motor we got all of the above parts second hand in the breakers no problem.

I've had 3 of them in my time. Great car, had an electrical fault with one of them but was quickly sorted out. Otherwise can't fault them.

Sorry for your hassles finbar, I hope it's just the car and not a general reflection. You're right about the spares, these little things are so common in Europe and you can always get looked after.

also the corsa is very good value price wise compared to other small
cars like Toyota, VW we bought our 99 , 2 years ago for 3,300 a toyota or WV was 5000 for the same year so although we had some problems
they certainly didnt cost 1700 !!
My sister has a 98 corsa and only every had 1 problem , an air flow sensor
had to be replaced 250 euro which included engine management fault diagnostic to determine fault and charge to clear the fault.

Back