One night stay in Dubai

newirishman

Going on a holiday, and due to flight connections are planning to stay over night in Dubai.
Landing in the morning, and flying out next day morning.
Anyone has any recommendation as where to stay? I don't really care much about shopping (malls).

Happy to hang out on a pool / beach for the day, but to be honest I know nothing about Dubai beyond the airport, which I have travelled through quite a bit pre-covid.

Essentially wondering if I should just book a hotel at the airport (there's a few with outdoor pools etc.) or is it worth booking something 'in town'. Just the missus and I so no kids.

Appreciate any thoughts.

If you are landing in the morning after a night flight you will be tired. If you are offered an upgrade on the flight take it as a mattress is provided in business class + A hotel I would recommend is the Manzil Hotel in Downtown Dubai. It is on the Boulevard and walking distance to the Burg Khalifa and fountains. This in turn is beside the Dubai Mall. The beach in Dubai at this time of the year is very hot. The Dubai Mall is air conditioned. There is a great choice of restaurants there too. The metro can be got in Downtown too if you wish to go to the Marina (JBR) or Atlantis (waterpark near the Palm). It is a beautiful safe city.

Assuming you are traveling in the next month or so then it's low season and you can book somewhere swanky in Downtown (the area next to the Burj Khalifa) like the Address or the Palace for reasonable rates - would be worth it for a night. It will be too hot/humid to spend much time outdoors during the day. DIFC is also worth looking at as it's pretty self contained with decent restaurants, the Four Seasons is good as is the Ritz Carlton.

Last edited:
Thanks folks. Travelling close to Christmas, but looks like it is worth going to Downtown.
Have a decent amount of Emirates points that I need to spend, so will try to get the best bang for ideally no extra cash.

Check with your airline, when I travelled previously and had a long connection a hotel room was provided by the airline. Might be hard to check in early. Look at perhaps booking one of the business lounges either

If you are going in winter then the weather will be great and any of the many beach resort hotels will be good options (Palm, One&Only, Westin/Meridien, JBR, JBH, Al Qasr/Madinat Jumeirah, etc etc etc).

Check with your airline, when I travelled previously and had a long connection a hotel room was provided by the airline. Might be hard to check in early. Look at perhaps booking one of the business lounges either
Comments on the hotel provided by Emirates are that it's not great, and also not in a good location for doing anything.

Back