One for All Voucher - Lloyd's pharmacy

Jumpstartdublin

friend's brother had significant difficulty using 'one 4 all' voucher card at Lloyd's pharmacy. Appears their till cannot read card and when it does it can only accept card for larger than value of purchase - I.e. You cannot pay a balance and will end up with an unused balance on card. For example, if purchase is 60 euro and you have a voucher card for 50 euro , the shop will not be able to process. Conversely, if you have a card for 50 euro and purchase is 45.90 euro- they will accept you card and you will be left with card for 4.10 balance - to redeem this balance, you must contact 'one4all' customer service and they issue cheque by post. Very complicated stuff ...

friend's brother had significant difficulty using 'one 4 all' voucher card at Lloyd's pharmacy. Appears their till cannot read card and when it does it can only accept card for larger than value of purchase - I.e. You cannot pay a balance and will end up with an unused balance on card. For example, if purchase is 60 euro and you have a voucher card for 50 euro , the shop will not be able to process. Conversely, if you have a card for 50 euro and purchase is 45.90 euro- they will accept you card and you will be left with card for 4.10 balance - to redeem this balance, you must contact 'one4all' customer service and they issue cheque by post. Very complicated stuff ...[/QUOTE

isn't this normal with gift cards and vouchers. I know I've often had small balances left on gift cards and just use it for the next purchase.

I think the poster is suggesting that Lloyds won't let you do that.

That if you have a €500 voucher and want to buy (say) a packet of Mach 3 razor blades, Lloyds have an issue.

Whereas you can easily purchase (say) a packet of Superquinn sausages or (say) a pair of M&S socks using a portion of your €500 One4All voucher.

Yes that's it in a nutshell

Maybe contact One4All and complain? Retailers should either accept the cards or not. One of the advantages of the card is the ability to spend it piecemeal, especially given the number of people who get €500 vouchers from their employer.

He did contact one4all and they said that they'd contact shop to update staff! They then issued cheque for 4.30 euro balance on the voucher card by post ... Happy ending!

Back