One adult & three children

Lemon2000

Hello
My husband is now on the company plan so for my renewal it will just be myself and the three children who are 10, 8 and 3 years old. Could anyone recommend policies please? I can't follow the HIA site, I find the sheer amount of options overwhelming! Would like cover for public, private (Vincents and James mainly, although someone recommended the Mater due to their cardiac unit? (we have no cardiac issues)) and maybe the high tech hospitals but I am unsure of what is wise to select for the excess? As we are in good health I was thinking of putting up the excess and in effect lowering the annual cost but is there any major disadvantage in doing this? Thanks in advance!

Lemon2000,

Child Options;
Laya healthcare have a special offer for children until end of March 2019, whereby you just pay for the 1st child and the rest of the children are
free. The following 3 plans are included in the offer, details as follows;

1. Essential Health 300; price 234pa(for all children), all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private excess 300 x 2 max per year for all
admissions. Day case excess 125 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. All childrens hospitals are public but the Beacon hospital
Dublin offer a list of childrens surgery fully covered on this plan.

2. Essential Connect Family; price 250pa(for all children), all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private excess 300 per family for all
admissions and day case procedures. No excess to pay in any public hospital. All childrens hospitals are public but the Beacon hospital Dublin
offer a list of childrens surgery fully covered on this plan.

3. Flex 125 explore; price 343pa;(for all children) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, Private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission, day case excess 50euro per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. All childrens hospitals are public, but the 3 hi-tech hospitals cover a range of childrens surgery fully covered on this plan. These hospitals are Mater Private Dublin, Blackrock Clinic Dublin and Beacon hospital dublin.

[broken link removed]

Adult Options;
The following plans are worth considering with Laya, at least one adult has to be on any Laya plan to avail of the children's offer above.

1. Laya Simply Connect; price 1100pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 2 max per
year for all admissions. Day case excess 50 per procedure. There is no excess to pay in any public hospital. Good day to day cover included,
refund of 50% for gp visits, consultants, dental, physio etc - subject to a max refund of 500 per year.

2. Laya Essential Health 300; price 895pa; all public, private and Beacon hi-tech hospital covered, Cardiac fully covered in Mater Private and
Blackrock Clinic, no excess, no shortfall. Private excess capped at 300 x 2 max per year for all private admissions. Day case excess 125
per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital. Limited day to day cover.

3. Laya Control 600 Connect; price 883pa; all public, private(including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered,
private/hi-tech excess 600 per admission, day case excess 175 per procedure. No excess to pay in any public hospital.
Limited day to day cover.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back