"On Street Parking" in Public (or Private) residential estates?

I do agree with you Clubman.. But its shame init, for sake some of some's ego.... am going through harassment and have to spend time finding ways around parking... or even thinking of changing the job at the very last years of me professional career.

Regards
S Murphy

Thanks for clarifying. Clears a lot of issues up. I think you're in the right, legally, but like Clubman said enforcing it will be difficult and probably expensive and stressful.

I'm being pedantic but its only 1.4km .8 of a mile from Heuston to Killmanham/SCR. About a 20 min walk. 10 min cycle if you had a foldup bike in the boot. Anyone I know with arthritis was encouraged to do light exercise. I accept, that maybe your case is different. Theres a decent hill up to Killmanham which you'd feel with arthritis. But most people should be doing 30~60mins of walking a day.

I don't know that area well but I don't remember any car parks in that area alright. Maybe theres one on the bus route though thats a compromise. Maybe drive around the area looking for companies that have spaces that don't look busy and see if any would rent you one. Even apartment blocks etc.

A moped might be another alternative?

One of those that folds into the boot? You could park in the Phoenix park then. Though the Park Rangers don't like that, and have a running battle with their traffic cones in the usual day parking bits.

Ye walking is one thing am considering as well.. Probably some gud will come outa something seriously bad. But it does show how far bullyin can go, with age n place no barrier.
I will search a bit around the area for rental car park, if i can. And think of alternate.
Said that, it seems any one can put a claim to public porperty and rule da place init.

Regards
S Murphy

One of those that folds into the boot? You could park in the Phoenix park then. Though the Park Rangers don't like that, and have a running battle with their traffic cones in the usual day parking bits.
They seem to be clamping down (not actually clamping - yet!) on this sort of parking in the Phoenix Park a lot more these days.

True... i will figure out something abt this one. As i said i have been parking there of years not just started recently. And infact know few resident's in that estate. General Hi n hello. I know issue is with one old fella living in that estate. Probably retired nothing else to do. Annoy others. There are better ways of handling this.
I will talk to me sons ova this weekend to get information about Parking rules in that area/road.

I know i sound drastic, but in no way it gives anyone right to harse me like this.

Regards
S Murphy

I will check with local authority and see whats the status of that road and parking regulations.

But matter is trivial and big at same time, as either have to cough up another 1k at this time of credit crunch or live with it.

Regards
S murphy

I will check with local authority and see whats the status of that road and parking regulations.

But matter is trivial and big at same time, as either have to cough up another 1k at this time of credit crunch or live with it.

Regards
S murphy

You could get a old car to commute in. One you wouldn't be worked about dents and scratches.

I will talk to me sons ova this weekend. Give da fella taste of his own medicine if need be.

I know i sound drastic, but in no way it gives anyone right to harse me like this.
If I have understood you properly (and it's a bit difficult the way that you write) this sounds like a really bad idea. You should be reporting any issues you have to the relevant authorities and not taking matters into your own hands. Doing the latter could well backfire and leave you with even more problems to worry about!

thanks clubman :)

old car well, pay two insurances two motortax discs... ah ... that be too much init.. I will try looking for alternatives.
I googled and only found one website for renting parking spaces and doesnt seem to get any proper result. Can any one PM me any other website i can checked. I checked daft so far.

regards
S murphy

I was starting to have some sympathy for you Satin, until I read this...

What i meant there is not do anything abrupt or be a baddy... me son works in planning office in dublin. Just ask him to chase whats the status of that road.
Didnt want to get them involved earlier. But anyways for info sake only will ask him to dig out this info.

In no way i meant it to be offensive.
Regards
S

Back