Old pension from previous employer

daheff

Hi all

I was in my first job for about 2 years (and in the company pension scheme for 1.5 years). Is it possible to claim the funds that were contributed to this pension scheme (all company contributions) and move it to another pension fund?

thanks

The statutory entitlement to your employer's contributions is 2 years pensionable employment. The trustees have discretion to waive this waiting period, some allow the employee to be entitled to the employer contributions from day 1.

As Gerry said, you have to ask. The contributions may have already been refunded to the employer...

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Have you ever got a statement from them after leaving?

If not, it's most probably been refunded. I know one insurance company automatically refunds contributions once they get notified that a member is leaving and they don't have the 2 years service (unless they've indicated on the proposal form that it's immediate vesting).

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Have you ever got a statement from them after leaving?

If not, it's most probably been refunded. I know one insurance company automatically refunds contributions once they get notified that a member is leaving and they don't have the 2 years service (unless they've indicated on the proposal form that it's immediate vesting).
Nope. Never got a statement from them. I've moved a couple of times and they've been taken over a few times also.

I hadnt made any AVCs, so theres nothing on that side to be refunded. I'm more wondering if theres any entitlement to the company contributions ?(or even any performance on the fund)

Back