Office Water Cooler Systems

• Thread starter my2leftfeet
  • Start date
M

my2leftfeet

If you have one of these - keep an eye on what you are paying and shop around. They don't seem to work on annual contracts so don't come under the "review" spotlight. We have reduced our yearly charge by over 50% by moving to a new supplier.

we moved from Tipperary to Ballygowan with significant savings. The Ballygowan bottles come with a dinky blue "overcoat". Does any one know the reason for this?

ajapale

We had a new water cooler system installed in the office a while ago. I wanted one of the recognised brand water coolers (Ballygowan, Tipperary etc) but what I ended up with was a cooler, which looks like any other cooler except it has no bottle on top. Ordinary tap water (quite disgusting taste) is fed into the back of the cooler where it is filtered and cooled.

I was most surprised with the result. It is cold and it tastes great, or rather it doesn't taste at all. I wouldn't know the difference between it and the branded water. There are no bottles to change or anything else to do. I understand that in some offices people fill their water bottles up several times a day and the main bottle is always running out and needs to be constantly changed.

The company that installed them has a maintenance contract and calls out every so often to change the filter.

Murt

The Ballygowan bottles come with a dinky blue "overcoat". Does any one know the reason for this?

Maybe sunlight would heat up the water and make the machinery work harder to cool it (ie more machine breakdowns)

It's also a neat marketing trick!

I changed from bottled water to mains fed coolers (three stage filtering) a couple of years ago. No more weekly delerivies or changing bottles and far cheaper as you don't have to buy your water!

I've never had any problems and the company's service is excellent.

Back