Offer accepted..what next?

States

My offer on a house has been accepted and the estate agent is putting pressure on to get a deposit of €10K asap.
I want to know what does this €10k mean - i.e. is it subject to survey etc. and is it reimbursable if I'm not happy?
Should I get my solicitor involved at this stage before I right the cheque for the €10k?
Thanks

States said:
My offer on a house has been accepted and the estate agent is putting pressure on to get a deposit of €10K asap.
I want to know what does this €10k mean - i.e. is it subject to survey etc. and is it reimbursable if I'm not happy?
Should I get my solicitor involved at this stage before I right the cheque for the €10k?
Thanks

from what i am aware (dont have that much experience) but it doesnt really mean anythign until u have a contract signed, if this a second house ?

best thing to do is organise a mortgage and a solicitor, the mortgage company will organise a valuer for you !!!

put deposit down myself today, and thats my first step !!!

bit nervous want a sale asap, an identical property in the same area sold for 17k extra a week ago, so want to get it all done and dusted

Usually this deposit is subject to contract and subject to survey - I'd put these phrases in bold at the top of the letter you write to accompany your deposit cheque. That way if problems occur or if the survey is unacceptable you can renegotiate or walk away and get your deposit back.

Thanks all - put the deposit down today and all went smoothly. The receipt from the estate agent stipulates the terms & conditions also.

Back