NPPR - Did we have to register even if exempt ?

elcato

My mother was exempt as it was her PPR but I can't remember whether we needed to register and login to state this. Can anyone confirm that we didn't or if we did how to find the registration details five years on ?

Is it not on their website, I don't remember anyone having to do that, and I read the website at the time. What you might need to do is confirm it was her PPR. Utility bills would be helpful, a solicitor on here would know what is needed, or someone who has recently purchased.

If exempt, we didn't have to register.
But when a property transfer takes place you will need a certificate from the local authority.
There is a thread on this: Certificates of Discharge/Exemptions for Household Charge and Nppr

If exempt, we didn't have to register.
Thanks. That's all I needed. I have applied for the certificate and it sent me back an automated email stating this which threw me. I'm guessing this is for people who were not exempt then.

If your request is in relation to a Certificate of Discharge, please make sure to provide the NPPR Account Reference Code under which the property is registered or the PPSN used when registering the property.

Things may have changed, but read the other thread anyway.
One quote:
In conversation with a solicitor, he also pointed out that the relevant NPPR legislation has no "sunset" clause, so in 100 years time, if your house is still standing, the unfortunate occupants might also be trying to get copies of your utility bills from 2009.

Things have changed

The NPPR will drop off the radar in 2025 - 12 years after it ended in 2013 - the Statute of Limitations prevents any action being taken and it becomes irrelevant

mf

The NPPR will drop off the radar in 2025 - 12 years after it ended in 2013 - the Statute of Limitations prevents any action being taken and it becomes irrelevant
Does this include a house which didn't pay the liability and the ensuing fines ? I presume someone can't just refuse to pay it and then sell the house after 2025 is still liable ?.

Time heals everything......................

Mind you, anecdotally, I am aware that Revenue have shared LPT info with NPPR - so there is every prospect that anyone who was liable will have to pay up.

2025 is a long way away

mf

Back