not working

lorr01

hi.
im writing on behalf of my brother. he just finished blackhall exams in march and then got a job as a temp in a firm. but now he want to study for more exams in october and has to give up work..
would he be entitled to anything from social welfare or any benifits as he is a student but he also has bills to pay but is trying to put his education first. that why he cant work and study for these exams at same time.

thanks in advance

I don't understand, why can't he work and study at the same time? Can he work parttime?

Edited to add, it may be better if he posts here himself (there is free internet access from libraries if he has no other access to the internet).

Last edited:
would he be entitled to anything from social welfare

To answer this part of your question, he would have to be available for work and looking for full-time work to claim Jobseekers' Benefit/Allowance (i.e "social welfare"). He would not fulfil the criteria as a student.

A part time job my be the solution for him.

There are lots of interesting posts in the Work/ careers section about this career and he will see there how other people broached it.

I don't understand, why can't he work and study at the same time? Can he work parttime?

Edited to add, it may be better if he posts here himself (there is free internet access from libraries if he has no other access to the internet).

do you understand how hard it is to get in to blackhall, people study for a year to get into the college and my brother is doing it in 4 months. it has paid off already a he has 4 out of 8 got already since last april.
so part time work is out of the question and whats the problem with me posting as im asking the question???

A part time job my be the solution for him.

There are lots of interesting posts in the Work/ careers section about this career and he will see there how other people broached it.
snb:

thank you for getting back to me. i will take a look.

To answer this part of your question, he would have to be available for work and looking for full-time work to claim Jobseekers' Benefit/Allowance (i.e "social welfare"). He would not fulfil the criteria as a student.

welfarite.
thank you for your response. i will tell him, he is mad busy with study that why im asking this question

Back