Not maintaining progress on straight

docy

Does not maintaining progress on straight just mean driving too slow?What speed limit should one never go over?
Has anyone recently done test in churchtown using the new Kph sign postings?Any hidden things one should look out for in Churchtown test route? Has anyone seen routes for test in churhtown anywhere on internet?

Tks

docy said:
Does not maintaining progress on straight just mean driving too slow?What speed limit should one never go over?
Whatever the local speed limit is. When transitioning from, say, a 50kph to a 80kph you should maintain progress by speeding up towards but obviously not exceeding the new speed limit.

When transitioning the other way (80kph - 50kph) make sure you are below the latter before reaching the signpost.

Can't help you with the churchtown test but i'd recommend ringing around the local driving instuctors to arrange a pre-test. Could be very useful as they would normally know the local test routes.

Tks for that.
I believe Irish School of Motoring are not as good as everyone says they are and maybe go with a pre-test with someone else?

Docy,

I used a crowd in Ranelagh village, €70 for a pretest that lasts about 1hr 30min's. Expensive but probably worth it, he will teach you the technique to passing the test which is a style of driving that is not only useless but impratical, having said that you need it to pass the test. In churctown you won't have any need to exceed the 50kmh limit, best piece of advisce I recieved form the instructor was that they are looking for competent, confident "drivers" - not learners sitting their test. Remember, Mirror, Indicate, Manouver.

Anyway, good luck!!!

Sambo

Back