Motor No Insurance disk received

dodo

I took out car insurance with 25Plus and they said should receive within 10 days, now day 15 and still no disk received but have proof car insurance as per email received by them confirming details which I keep in the car, They said if I want to order a new disk it will cost 20E and that is their policy as they sent as per their system . I am 100% sure I did not receive ,I am really P'd off and even asked them if I cancelled the policy what would it cost to do so and they said 25% of total cost so that a no good, They said I can't talk to a supervisor as this is not their policy, is there any avenue I can take with them, (I will not use them again and will share with others of my issue)

I'm not sure what you can do other than request that they supply you with proof of issuing and posting the cert. Unfortunately they sound like 123.ie whom I had the misfortune to place my business with some years ago. Almost identical situation arose for me with the incompetent 123.ie plus demands for premium payments already made, incorrect car details on cert and disc, renewing insurance for a car I'd sold three years earlier. It might cost money but maybe leaving them is worth it for peace of mind.

Have you checked with post office? Checked 123.ie have correct name and address for you.

Re 123.ie I'd insurance policy house few years ago but left them after disastrous customer service with a claim. Iv another claim now and needed a claims experience letter, I rang them seven times over two weeks, each phonecall saying yes sent after first. Finally five separate letters arrived together, all different dates of issue!

25PLUS have shocking customer service and from my dealings with them, they really do not seem to care whether they lose customers or not. I'd be inclined to agree with mathepac

In our case the insurance certificate contains the disc so just wondering if you have received your cert yet when you mention e-mail proof of holding a policy? It would be most unsatisfactory if you do not get either. Would mentioning the Insurance Ombudsman to them have the desired effect?

By any chance is the cert and disk downloadable in the "my account" area?
You can certainly download the schedule .
(I left 25plus a few years ago )

downloadable disc would not be be genuine thing and no use in a windscreen. it must be numbered paper.

"4. (1) Every insurance disc shall be in the shape of a rectangle which when it is exhibited on a vehicle, shall have a horizontal measurement of not less than 85mm and not more than 95mm and a vertical measurement of not less than 70mm and not more than 80mm.

(2) Every insurance disc shall be of paper with a white background and with a green band not less than 8mm wide and not more than 12mm wide extending along and left hand side.

(3) Every insurance disc shall be in the form in the Schedule hereto and shall state the particulars of insurance which are required in the said form to be specified together with the month and year of expiry expressed numerically.

(4) In the case of vehicles owned by a fleet owner the name of the fleet owner may be inserted on the insurance disc in place of the registration number.

(5) In the case of a vehicle which is not yet registered, the chassis number of the vehicle may be inserted on the insurance disc in place of the registration number."

"4. (1) Every insurance disc shall be in the shape of a rectangle which when it is exhibited on a vehicle, shall have a horizontal measurement of not less than 85mm and not more than 95mm and a vertical measurement of not less than 70mm and not more than 80mm.

(2) Every insurance disc shall be of paper with a white background and with a green band not less than 8mm wide and not more than 12mm wide extending along and left hand side.

(3) Every insurance disc shall be in the form in the Schedule hereto and shall state the particulars of insurance which are required in the said form to be specified together with the month and year of expiry expressed numerically.

(4) In the case of vehicles owned by a fleet owner the name of the fleet owner may be inserted on the insurance disc in place of the registration number.

(5) In the case of a vehicle which is not yet registered, the chassis number of the vehicle may be inserted on the insurance disc in place of the registration number."
You have bolded paragraph 2.Is this relevant to my question?

So,thanks for that rude,condescending post which of course didn't answer a quite simple question.
Is there new legislation that requires an insurance company printed,numbered disk?
Seeing as you're in insurance,I'm sure you can answer me.

The law is that you must display the disc. It comes attached to the certificate - could it be that you have not torn it off from the cert? You should receive all documentation, including certificate and disc within a fortnight of taking out the Policy.

The law is that you must display the disc. It comes attached to the certificate - could it be that you have not torn it off from the cert? You should receive all documentation, including certificate and disc within a fortnight of taking out the Policy.

OP said only proof they have is the email confirmation, so the issue here is they haven't received the cert.

if the OP hasn't received the cert then it sounds as if he has no choice but to pay the 25 to get it reissued. If I were him I'd actually check and get an email back stating that he is covered and that there is not some bureaucratic delay at the insurers end.

I'd also ask for a copy of their customer complaints procedures and raise a complaint via that.

I wouldn't be paying anything to receive the original cert. I can understand why they charge for replacements, but the OP hasn't received the insurance cert from them at all.

Can you lodge a formal complaint with them? and failing that lodge a complaint with the [broken link removed]?

Insurer MUST issue a certificate and Policy booklet. If you have not received within 15 days, you should certainly complain to Insurer/Broker and seek satisfaction. If you avail of a broker, most brokers can print off certs and policy documents in their offices.

Again, from the OP, the insurance company claim to have sent out the cert, OP hasn't received it, so the fee is being requested for a replacement cert.

Have they proof of receipt by policyholder? Was it sent by registered post - unlikely. Onus is on them - contra preferentem rule applies in Insurance.

On the other hand, if this was a 'cheap' policy, it is 'cheap' for a reason. Do the terms and conditions, that you agreed BEFORE taking out the policy clearly set out the charging structure?

One thing I only now noticed in original post is that person OP was talking to would not allow him talk to supervisor. This is not good practice and mertits a complaint to the insurer in its own right.

Back