Nissan Qashqai

W

Waterford

HI,
I would advise people to stay clear of the Nissan Qashqai. I purchased a brand new one in Jan '08, 1.6 SVE and because of problems I am changing my car next month.
Problems included: Several rattles from the boot of the car. One rattle was caused by the boot lock becoming loose, Rattles caused by the glass roof screen along with other rattles which cannot be pin pointed. (Neither can the garage in any of the last 3 visits I made there.)
Poor hand break. Car rolls forward after hand brake has been applied...firmly!
Very hard to put gears into reverse. Often have to move the car forward an inch or two for it to slip into this gear. Not good if your parked close to a wall or fence.
Engine makes a noise like as if the fan belt is gone. But this only happens on wet days. Dry days its fine.....if you live in a very hot country!
On turning the steering wheel fully clockwise it makes a groaning sound. Mainly when turning into or coming out of a parking space.
Overall the car is fairly light and bouncy on the road. Not great on fuel either!

...and of course one person'e unlucky experience.

I'm not aware of any major problems with the car generally.

none of the problems above could be described as being in any way serious, albeit we haven't driven that particular car.

To me it looks like a list of issues specific to your car and not the general range (rattles, niggles, 'groans' etc). Not sure I've ever had a car that didn't have all three ;)

The rattle from the boot, handbrake and fan belt are widely reported [broken link removed] problems which we have experienced and sorted.

We've also had bushings and rear shocks replaced.

Still we love the car - Teething problems

I have had similar problems with my 08 diesel Quashqai. Would never buy one again. Will be returning to 1.9 Octavia next year. Allthough these 1.5 diesel engines are supposed to be so refined compared to the 1.9 in Octavia, find the Quasqai really underpowerd. Gear changes also difficult. Also, second that it is light and bouncy on thbe road and engine noisy. Fuel consumption just o.k., but not really much better than 1.9 Octavia.

I have had similar problems with my 08 diesel Quashqai. Would never buy one again. Will be returning to 1.9 Octavia next year. Allthough these 1.5 diesel engines are supposed to be so refined compared to the 1.9 in Octavia, find the Quasqai really underpowerd. Gear changes also difficult. Also, second that it is light and bouncy on thbe road and engine noisy. Fuel consumption just o.k., but not really much better than 1.9 Octavia.

my bro has 1.5d Quashqai+2 ordered for next year; no persuading him to go for the 2.0d

I have had similar problems with my 08 diesel Quashqai. Would never buy one again. ... Allthough these 1.5 diesel engines are supposed to be so refined compared to the 1.9 in Octavia, find the Quasqai really underpowerd. Gear changes also difficult. Also, second that it is light and bouncy on thbe road and engine noisy. Fuel consumption just o.k., ...
So a French engine / gearbox (Peugeot) with bits screwed together in Sunderland (Keano, where are you in our hour of need?) doesn't work. Why am I not surprised?
... Will be returning to 1.9 Octavia next year...
Try the new 2.0 common rail diesel.

I have a 07 SVE 1.6 petrol I'd recomend as a city family car great space for us 2+2. I have had 2 recalls (minor and the dealer sorted quicklly). I do have 2 other issues that I'm not to happy about
1. Rear shocks failed after 32000km had to fight to get them replaced I think they did a recall in the UK
2. Fan belt squeels this was also replaced after a fight

Not great on fuel either between 8&9 l/100km on average

nissan problems

got my nissan qashai was very happy at first..
the problems are many in 2 months the battery gone dead
the dealer (nissan - theoharakis ) changed it with a bosch battery.
the car is not safe to drive at fast speed especially on windy days
the rubber rim around the door window comes out of place
the main problem for me is should the dealer on warranty
install nissan parts of all kind of different brands.
or is this done only in greece

none of the problems above could be described as being in any way serious, albeit we haven't driven that particular car.

To me it looks like a list of issues specific to your car and not the general range (rattles, niggles, 'groans' etc). Not sure I've ever had a car that didn't have all three ;)

My 10 year old 3 series with 170k on the clock has none of these issues :D

Back