Nice Restaraunt in limerick for anniversary

nod

Have reached out 10th wedding anniversary relatively unschated and would like to take herself to a nice restaraunt in Limerick City/County. Any reccomendations ?,we eat any type of food,and price is not too much of an issue,as long as the food is good and there's a nice athmosphere. Anniversary is tomorrow !.

Brulees on Henry street in the city or The Mustard Seed in the county are the best imho.
Have a lovely evening and congrats.

Was in Gallaghers in Bunratty a few weeks back. I have to say that it was one of the nicest meals I have ever had, especially if you like seafood.

J

I agree with all the posters so far (including Dr. M in his key post) but would like to add my thoughts:

If you want something special its definetely worth going a little outside the city:

Gallaghers in Bunratty

The Cherry Tree, and Goosers in Killaloe

Preachers in Doon

The Mustard Seed in Ballingarry

and The Dew Drop Inn in Adare are all usually top notch.

If you want to stay in the city then:

Freddy's Bistro and Brulees are very good, I've also heard only good reports about Market Square brasserie but haven't got there yet.

A little more reasonable in price but still yummy are The Green Onion (order the duck salad starter) or Copper and Spice (try get there for the early-bird 5-7 I think).

Generally I find http://www.ireland-guide.com/ to be the place to go to find high quality eateries and accomodation in Ireland.

The only other one I've been to & not mentioned is Nevilles Cross - on the road from Adare to Ballingarry. Ex Mustard Seed chef I believe. Eating area is in the pub, slightly separate to it but very homely. Maybe not formal enough for that occasion but great food for another time.

Theres the Blue Door in Adare but havent been there.

The only other one I've been to & not mentioned is Nevilles Cross - on the road from Adare to Ballingarry. Ex Mustard Seed chef I believe.

I believe the chef has taken over a place in Newcastle West. Maybe someone can correct this.

My husband and I ate in Milano's recently. It is down on the quays behind Dunnes on Henry st. We ate outside on a beautiful summers evening with the river right across the tree-lined street and the food was great. wonderfully romantic!

You're right there, chef from Neville's Cross now running place in Newcastlewest called Ballintemple Inn.

The Eilbhe Restaurant i.e. Hayes in Cappamore is very nice as well, but all time favourite is Preachers in Doon.

Congratulations Nod on the 10th anniversary to you and your lovely dw!

H

Back