NIB - How much € towards remortgage fees?

MonkeyFeet

Hi

I am currently remortgaging my property, but also buying a carpark space at the same time.

I have already requested my solicitor to get my deeds released from the bank for remortgaging. I assume this means that I now have to use this solicitor and cannot use NIBs free one?

I decided from pure laziness to use a broker to remortgage (total nightmare, would have definitely been easier to do it myself!!). But I did not realise until I read a post on this site that NIB will not deal with brokers.

Does anyone know how much NIB contribute towards legal and valuation fees, if using your own solicitor?

Thanks

They paid €600 towards my legal fees (mine was a new mortgage as opposed to a remortgage). I had already appointed my solicitor for the sale of my old house and purchase of new one.

They were very disorganised and I thought I was going to have hassle getting the money back, but once my mortgage was signed off, I e-mailed my mortgage advisor and €600 was paid into my current account.

Hi MandaC,

I am a little concerned that you found NIB disorganised. I have a meeting with a NIB branch manager next week reference a remortgate. Currently with EBS whom are not only uncompetitve but at times very difficult to deal with. Either way it is my internetion to move away form EBS.
Exactly what was the problem with NIB, are they simply to busy for the workload?

When it came down time to draw down the mortgage, they mislaid paperwork, sent paperwork to the wrong address (new house instead of current address) would not return calls, asked for additional paperwork, etc. I was waiting for two weeks to close and as it was a new house, builder was threatening to charge interest, etc.

At the time, if I could have changed to someone else, I would have, but it seems to have settled down. Even now, they cant even tell you the amount of trs you are set up for on the system, the way it works is that they debit the full amount of the mortgage out of your account and then you have to wait for a trs credit to be paid back into your account and they cant tell you the amount until its actually done.

Thanks for your replies

I contacted NIB this morning at 9.30 and again at 12 and amazingly I have not yet received a return call.

Considering I would be bringing a remortgage, you would think they could at least ring me :mad:

Thanks for your replies

I contacted NIB this morning at 9.30 and again at 12 and amazingly I have not yet received a return call.

Considering I would be bringing a remortgage, you would think they could at least ring me :mad:

They're disorganised but it's purely because they underestimated the demand for this LTV mortgage. They are snowed under...no excuse I know. I switched and although it dragged on a bit with a few hiccups now it's done and dusted I'm delighted. The cheapest mortgage in Ireland, a free current account which I don't have to use and cheap mortgage protection. Worth the hassle.

First Active have launched a new tracker rate of ECB +.75% for mortgages with a LTV below 80%. I know it is still a quarter percent higher than NIBs rate but still good value for people with a higher LTV. They are also paying legal fees as well as giving €1,000 to customers who switch to them and take out an Offset Mortgage.

Ulster Bank will do the same as First Active but will give €1000 back no matter what rate you plump for.
They also offer €1000 cashback if you switch your investment property (up to a maximum of 5 RIPs subject to minimum loan of 200k on each).
Investor rate of ECB + 0.75% fort loans less than 80% LTV.

When dealing with NIB for a remortgage would people recommend dealing directly with their head office of a branch?

When dealing with NIB for a remortgage would people recommend dealing directly with their head office of a branch?

I think you have to go directly to a branch...I know I had to as there's a mandatory 90 minute financial audit type thing you go through. Just say no to any hard selling!

Back