New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

I have purchased an Orpen on the Heath. Should be ready for July. Just noticed that someone has converted an attic in the Close. I want to convert my attic too and was wondering where they moved to immersion tank too? Cant wait to see a conversion. Is the attic big enough for an en suite.
Also what kind of snags should i expect on the snag list ,and how long does it take to move in after the house is ready. I presume the solicitors take time. Does it take long
to get electricity turned on?

@johnjflynn Did you manage to sell your house in luttrellstown? Surprised you bought in the estate seeing as you were so negative about the development at the beginning. That conversion will be another flight of stairs to hoover!

Interesting that someone has converted the attic in one of these BER A rated houses. Just wondering how they dealt with the solar panels(if they are on the rear aspect), heat recovery system relocation (that is presumably in the attic), and whether they maintained the BER rating.

@johnjflynn Did you manage to sell your house in luttrellstown? Surprised you bought in the estate seeing as you were so negative about the development at the beginning. That conversion will be another flight of stairs to hoover!
Yes,we had no problem selling our house. It was too big for us,but had great potential for a growing family. It was always our intention to downsize in the area. As the house we have purchased has the solar panels to the front,there is no problem fitting windows to the back. The heat recovery unit can easily be relocated. I converted the attic myself in my first house in Park Drive. The A rating of the house will not be affected once the job is done properly. Triple glaze windows and latest quality insulation.
I still feel that the original prices quoted by Sherry Fitz were too high,especially for north aspect back gardens. That is why they dropped the price by 50,000 euro for the swift north facing back gardens. They still haven't sold the last detached 3bed.

Yes,we had no problem selling our house. It was too big for us,but had great potential for a growing family. It was always our intention to downsize in the area. As the house we have purchased has the solar panels to the front,there is no problem fitting windows to the back. The heat recovery unit can easily be relocated. I converted the attic myself in my first house in Park Drive. The A rating of the house will not be affected once the job is done properly. Triple glaze windows and latest quality insulation.
I still feel that the original prices quoted by Sherry Fitz were too high,especially for north aspect back gardens. That is why they dropped the price by 50,000 euro for the swift north facing back gardens. They still haven't sold the last detached 3bed.

Again - they didn't drop the price. House prices vary depending on aspect and orientation. I've followed the development for a long time and they never once provided one figure per house type. Sherry Fitz always stated houses "from" x. I found the house prices fair considering the quality of the house and the location, particularly in the first phase. The lavery are good sized 4 bed houses in a great area and fare well compared to similar houses around Carpenterstown which aren't built as well and would require significant cash to adapt them to your own taste.

Having rented a number of houses around Castleknock over the years and from viewing everything in the surrounding areas in a similar price bracket during our long house hunt, there's no comparison between houses built even as recently as the late 90's / early 00's, to the Hamilton house we live in today (and from the accounts of a friend - the DM houses too). There's significant yearly savings to be had between even an A2 and C1 BER house plus the potential health benefits of new build HRV systems. You're also not inheriting other people's problems. Regardless of how nice a house is or how well its kept, a house that's 20+ years old brings with it a higher potential of issues rearing their head.

with all that said - good luck with your new house. I've loved my short time in Hamilton so far and I'm sure you will too.

Sorry, I started this thread many months ago now. JohnFFlynn is correct. The swift 4 beds in Hamilton Park HAVE dropped in price by any measure. I was there on day one at the launch of Hamilton Park last September 2015. The south facing garden swifts were €490K. There was a single large corner site swift that was either €530K or €570K (can't remember which). However all the south facing garden swifts apart from this corner one were €490K. The gardens were not especially large. The swift is now on myhome at from €440K. I don't know their orientation. However, even if they have north facing yard sized garden, this is a price reduction. Garden size and orientation does not cause a house price to vary by €50k unless it is a large corner site. Incidentally they are great value at €440K

Sorry, I started this thread many months ago now. JohnFFlynn is correct. The swift 4 beds in Hamilton Park HAVE dropped in price by any measure. I was there on day one at the launch of Hamilton Park last September 2015. The south facing garden swifts were €490K. There was a single large corner site swift that was either €530K or €570K (can't remember which). However all the south facing garden swifts apart from this corner one were €490K. The gardens were not especially large. The swift is now on myhome at from €440K. I don't know their orientation. However, even if they have north facing yard sized garden, this is a price reduction. Garden size and orientation does not cause a house price to vary by €50k unless it is a large corner site. Incidentally they are great value at €440K

Agreed with above, I was very close to buying a south facing Swift for €440k after they dropped from €490k at launch but went with DM instead.

I thought they were overpriced at €490k but about right at €440k.

The 440k house was not part of phase 1. It is part of phase 2. It's a north facing garden. there's also an East facing swift available for 525k which is fully detached. So....aspect, orientation etc. has a factor in pricing of all these houses in both directions. Just like the fact that the fully detached yeats in phase 2 was 55k more expensive than it's equivalent in phase 1. Starting this thread and being there on day 1 has nothing to do with being in a position to have the correct information. I was also there on day 1. more importantly I'm living in the estate and have regular chats with the builders and Sherry Fitz reps to see how the houses are selling etc...

Out of the swifts available in phase 1 and 2 they've sold 80%.

People coming in and saying "there's been price reductions" as if someone living in number 8 will have paid more cash than their neighbour in number 9, in the exact same house, because of lack of interest or something, just isn't correct and would probably annoy some people who've spent a lot of money on their home. Some bizarre comments in this thread.

I know it must be very frustrating to see a price drop in the Swift houses. I couldn't believe it myself when I saw them advertised. I went to the sales office and spoke to Carolyn Strays. She confirmed to me that the price had dropped by 50,000 euro. These included the south facing rear gardens on Dis . Way.
Two of these can be found on the property price register site. Numbers 28 and 36 were sold in March for 396K plus VAT (450K)
I don't believe that people are posting bizarre comments. I think it was bizarre that the builder dropped the price.
I do agree that these south facing four beds were good value. I would have bought one myself but it was too late when I found out.
I will just have to settle with my Orpen and convert the attic!

Last edited:
Just checked the VAT rate on new houses, it is 13.5%. That means these south facing Swifts were 450,000. That is still a drop of 40,000 from launch price of 490,000.

Nothing bizarre about my comment- fact not opinion. Johnjflynn is correct. Caroline Strauss who is the Sherry Fitz person in charge of sales also told me that the swift 4 Beds in HP were reduced by 50K. In fairness she is the final authority on this!

I don't know about the current price of the Lavery 4 beds in HP, but the north facing garden ones were 490K at launch last Sept. ( not from 490K ; there were a good number at 490K, but 2 of the show house row ones were 525K with east facing gardens and open space out the front).Re DM, the 4 beds were from 480K at launch, and the same garden size / orientation ones are now 530K ; The 5 beds east facing gardens were from 555K at launch but are now from 615k, however the garden orientations are south and west facing

Nothing bizarre about my comment- fact not opinion. Johnjflynn is correct. Caroline Strauss who is the Sherry Fitz person in charge of sales also told me that the swift 4 Beds in HP were reduced by 50K. In fairness she is the final authority on this!

I don't know about the current price of the Lavery 4 beds in HP, but the north facing garden ones were 490K at launch last Sept. ( not from 490K ; there were a good number at 490K, but 2 of the show house row ones were 525K with east facing gardens and open space out the front).Re DM, the 4 beds were from 480K at launch, and the same garden size / orientation ones are now 530K ; The 5 beds east facing gardens were from 555K at launch but are now from 615k, however the garden orientations are south and west facing

yes you are correct re DM - I rang up last week about both developments - For DM, my main interest was the 5 bed semi, quite a few still available, with starting price of €615K (these were mainly from 595K at the launch in Oct) with some one going up to €645K.

Regarding HP, the swift house type seems to be the only house type to have its starting price reduced - the lavery are now from 495k, the orphen/Dillon are now from 410k (395k at launch) and the yeats type has gone up from 595k to 650k for the same orientation / garden (corner site). Unfortunately there was only one of these in phase 2 which was snapped up. I was advised there is likely be more in later phases.

Last edited:
I know it must be very frustrating to see a price drop in the Swift houses. I couldn't believe it myself when I saw them advertised. I went to the sales office and spoke to Carolyn Strays. She confirmed to me that the price had dropped by 50,000 euro. These included the south facing rear gardens on Dis . Way.
Two of these can be found on the property price register site. Numbers 28 and 36 were sold in March for 396K plus VAT (450K)
I don't believe that people are posting bizarre comments. I think it was bizarre that the builder dropped the price.
I do agree that these south facing four beds were good value. I would have bought one myself but it was too late when I found out.
I will just have to settle with my Orpen and convert the attic!

Just wondering with what you're saying about somebody already converting their attic and you saying that you will do the same if you think the difference of 30k between the Orpen and the swift is worth it? From what I can see the Orpen and the swift is the attic ( downstairs the same) so essentially you're paying for an attic conversion

Just wondering with what you're saying about somebody already converting their attic and you saying that you will do the same if you think the difference of 30k between the Orpen and the swift is worth it? From what I can see the Orpen and the swift is the attic ( downstairs the same) so essentially you're paying for an attic conversion
The swift and the orphan are the same size on the ground and first floor. However the attic in the swift is not converted. It is actually a constructed second floor. It is a legal requirement that half the floor area must have a head height of eight feet.(for habitation).
If you look at the show houses from the front you will notice that the roof of the swift is higher than the orphan.
The swift can be resold as a four bedroom house. The orphan can only be resold as a three bedroom with converted attic. It can not be advertised or used legally as a bedroom.
The attic of the orphan could be coverted legally by adding dormer windows(or raising the roof),moving the immersion,constructing a matching staircase and changing all existing doors to fire doors. It would be much cheaper and easier to buy a swift.
As I said I would have bought a west or south facing swift @ 450000 but I missed out. They were all sold before I saw the advert in the paper.

Last edited:
Pretty disappointing that the 4 beds in DM were 480 now 530. Have seen them on property price register and working out the VAT were selling at 480k up till recently. Lovely house but 530 is too much for what it is imo. Somewhere around 500 more reasonable. Only one left according to agent. Will be interesting to see if they hike up 3 beds after launch. Supposedly starting at 405.

There are still 10 of the type E terraced 3 beds to be released at the very corner of the estate (School yard and beeches) that haven't been released yet. This type E is basically same floorplan as the 4 bed but obviously tighter/smaller and are the same as the 3 beds that have been sold off the plans to date.

There are also 8 type F houses, none of which that have been built yet. These are also terraced but differ slightly in the floorpan. A more conventional kitchen (L shape) rather than the larger one with the island in the middle. These type F houses are same floor space as type E (1248). These face the open green area and the back of Diswellstown House.

There are also 4 3 bed semis that are smaller in floor space (1173) and are located at the end of the roads on corner sites. As far as I know all these type have been sold though.

My take would be that the remaining 3 beds will increase in price similar to the other house types in Diswellstown. I know at the viewing a couple of weeks ago there was a lot of interest in the 3 beds but let's hope I am wrong and they stay at 405.

Last edited:
First time poster in here.

I was speaking to one of the foremen down there today, and I was asking them about the pricing on the swifts.
He told me that the swifts really weren't shifting at the €490k, and that was the reason for the price drop to €440k.
I am sure there will be some exceptions still to this €440k for the swift, if the builder thinks he might be able to get a few quid more out of an individual house.
Its also a very attractive price point for a 4 bed house in Castleknock, you wont find many other 4 beds around in that price bracket. It was what brought me back down to HP to take a look at the houses again.
In the end, I just didn't like the size or layout of the house, thought it was too poky for what I was looking for , and ended up going for a Lavery.

Also, I just noticed Ellebelle's comment on the Lavery now being €495k, have they just gone up in price in the last few weeks?

Is there anyone on this forum who's moved into Diswellstown Manor yet?
If so, are you happy enough with everything? (General quality of finish/sound proofing between houses etc etc)
Previous posters seemed to be over the moon with such things in HP, just wondering is it same in DM

Thanks ,

First time poster in here.

I was speaking to one of the foremen down there today, and I was asking them about the pricing on the swifts.
He told me that the swifts really weren't shifting at the €490k, and that was the reason for the price drop to €440k.
I am sure there will be some exceptions still to this €440k for the swift, if the builder thinks he might be able to get a few quid more out of an individual house.
Its also a very attractive price point for a 4 bed house in Castleknock, you wont find many other 4 beds around in that price bracket. It was what brought me back down to HP to take a look at the houses again.
In the end, I just didn't like the size or layout of the house, thought it was too poky for what I was looking for , and ended up going for a Lavery.

Also, I just noticed Ellebelle's comment on the Lavery now being €495k, have they just gone up in price in the last few weeks?

Conor - apologises I meant to say from 490k - this remains consistent with their launch price.

Back