New Houses in Diswellstown Castleknock

Hi,
So is this release at the weekend, the full Phase 2 release of all remaining houses in Diswellstown, or merely just a selection does anyone know?

Thanks

Appears its all the remaining 4 and 5 beds(not certain), don't know about the 3 beds. FYI, I imagine they are being launched to-day, as when they had the first launch last September, they were selling them from the moment they opened the showhouse on the wednesday / thursday.

As far as I know, everything will be sold in this phase. 3 beds are being sold off the plans this weekend, as they have been for the past while.

Impressive if they can sell 3 beds off the plans without any show house. Says something about the estate..

Impressive if they can sell 3 beds off the plans without any show house. Says something about the estate..

Is it really though? Like in Hamilton they sold 4 bed detached for 650k without show house? I'd say that's a more difficult sell. Almost twice the price. They are on the register now. They sold these for no less than 575k - some 595 (50k premium on orientation being south). They were originally priced at 575k on day 1 though...I don't think the one selling for 650 denotes a 75k rise though, just as it doesn't in DM...

I drove in a few times and it does look nice in there even if the houses are that bit smaller. It's not a "green field" site though and that's probably always going to be its biggest issue with current legislation etc... too much risk in private managed estates like that.

As regards price. The register gives the best idea, there are "Swift" style houses in HP which the agent says are "from" 440k ON MYHOME that have sold for 530k. Nothing to do with gains, just different plots and orientations. If it was the same agent they might have adjusted that price advrtised to cause a stir. It doesn't mean the Swift has appreciated to that price though.

I think the agent in DM has been pretty clever and is just pegging price to what's left. Starting prices will always continue to be reflected over time in property all things being equal.

Is it really though? Like in Hamilton they sold 4 bed detached for 650k without show house? I'd say that's a more difficult sell. Almost twice the price. They are on the register now. They sold these for no less than 575k - some 595 (50k premium on orientation being south). They were originally priced at 575k on day 1 though...I don't think the one selling for 650 denotes a 75k rise though, just as it doesn't in DM...

I think Taytoman's point about selling a full road of 3 bed houses off the plans being impressive would stand in any man's language. It's over 4million worth of inventory that H&M have managed to shift with a photocopied floor plan of the house.

As regards price. The register gives the best idea, there are "Swift" style houses in HP which the agent says are "from" 440k ON MYHOME that have sold for 530k. Nothing to do with gains, just different plots and orientations. If it was the same agent they might have adjusted that price advrtised to cause a stir. It doesn't mean the Swift has appreciated to that price though.

I understand people are emotionally attached to estates if they've bought there but the fact is 4 beds are available for 440 in Hamilton Park. That's a price drop.

Willow the wisp - Here's what I got from H&M this week. I'm still on their mailing list.

[broken link removed]

@Lor216

Bobsworth was pointing out that the prices for houses in Hamilton are dictated by orientation and plot size and insinuating that there's been "price drops" isn't correct. no houses have been listed for a particular price and subsequently been reduced in Hamilton. Not to say it won't obviously. I don't think there's any real need to defend either development really. They're both doing well. I'd expect DM to sell out far quicker as it's a much smaller development. It's not unusual for small numbers of stock to be slow to shift in bigger developments.

on the buying off plans point - this is very common. more so doing the boom but every new build I enquired about around prior to buying were offering similar.

Will go to Diswellstown tomorrow for viewing :) and will report back

Last edited:
Hi Johnny

That's fair re price drops.

On the plans point, what I meant (And maybe what Taytoman meant) was that it was impressive that they managed to sell 3 bed houses off the plans with no showhouse when there were similar sized/priced 3 bed houses for sale in Hamilton Park with a showhouse and available immediately.

We looked at both estates and opted for HP as house style suited our needs better. We did love DM estate though. I'll walk over tomorrow to be nosey and see how sales are going :)

Might well spin over myself! Moving in to our house hasn't quashed my desire to poke around houses / new estates!

@Lor216

Bobsworth was pointing out that the prices for houses in Hamilton are dictated by orientation and plot size and insinuating that there's been "price drops" isn't correct. no houses have been listed for a particular price and subsequently been reduced in Hamilton. Not to say it won't obviously. I don't think there's any real need to defend either development really. They're both doing well. I'd expect DM to sell out far quicker as it's a much smaller development. It's not unusual for small numbers of stock to be slow to shift in bigger developments.

on the buying off plans point - this is very common. more so doing the boom but every new build I enquired about around prior to buying were offering similar.

Agree that stating there has been price drops isn't correct. The second phase of HP had north facing Swifts with smaller back gardens - these are the ones which are the ones listed 440K - the first phase didn't have any with a north facing orientation.

On a side note, backgardens in both development were slightly bigger than I expected however I'm slightly surprised both developments don't have many house types with any front garden

I went to view these on Saturday. There were about 20-30 people there when I was there. There was a showhouse for the 4 bed, a showhouse for the 5 bed and an open 5 bed detached that wasn't furnished but people could go in for a look around. All 3 beds that had been released had been sold by the time I got there. Some remain unreleased as I think the builder wants to shift all of the 4 and 5 bed houses first before releasing the rest of the 3 beds. The seller didn't say this but that was the sense I got. I went on the cancellation list for the 3 beds. I think about 10 remain unreleased.

Seller said that they had taken deposits on a few 4 and 5 beds on Thursday/Friday but i didn't get a sense of what was left. I wasn't a fan of the layout of the 5 bed over 3 floors but that's just personal preference. I think the 4 bed felt more spacious, however our budget will only allow for a 3 bed.

Also I was surprised that there was big interest in the 5 bed detached houses. Whilst I was there two families signed up for cancellation list on this. Seller seemed to think he might have one that could cancel as all had been sold. People didn't baulk when he told them it would be 700k. It was the first house as you enter the estate he seemed to think might cancel.

I went to view these on Saturday. There were about 20-30 people there when I was there. There was a showhouse for the 4 bed, a showhouse for the 5 bed and an open 5 bed detached that wasn't furnished but people could go in for a look around. All 3 beds that had been released had been sold by the time I got there. Some remain unreleased as I think the builder wants to shift all of the 4 and 5 bed houses first before releasing the rest of the 3 beds. The seller didn't say this but that was the sense I got. I went on the cancellation list for the 3 beds. I think about 10 remain unreleased.

Seller said that they had taken deposits on a few 4 and 5 beds on Thursday/Friday but i didn't get a sense of what was left. I wasn't a fan of the layout of the 5 bed over 3 floors but that's just personal preference. I think the 4 bed felt more spacious, however our budget will only allow for a 3 bed.

Also I was surprised that there was big interest in the 5 bed detached houses. Whilst I was there two families signed up for cancellation list on this. Seller seemed to think he might have one that could cancel as all had been sold. People didn't baulk when he told them it would be 700k. It was the first house as you enter the estate he seemed to think might cancel.

Thanks for the update Alesto. I went to view on Sunday and there's two of the four available 4 beds now with holding deposits down. There was similar numbers there yesterday. We have holding deposit paid on a 4 bed from phase 1. Did anyone else request access to view their house before signing contracts?

I went on Saturday at about 2pm. Same as has been said here. Good crowd, seemed to be a lot of people who had bought there going in to see showhouses and some measuring up etc. I imagine this is because there hasn't been an open/advertised viewing in a few months.

I too overheard people asking for 3 bed showhouses (Said they won't have them for another few months). Seemed to be a good level of interest though and would think they'll sell what stock they have quite quickly. Did anyone hear plans for the 5 acres parkland piece of the development? The brochure says kick about area and playground but I didn't see anything. Also one of the sales guys was asked the plans for Diswellstown house itself and said it could be sold as a house. He didn't seem sure though so that could be incorrect.

I would imagine if you've got holding deposit down and the house is ready you could go and see it.

That's interesting re 2 of the 4 beds selling. The ones they were selling on Saturday were the 4 facing Diswellstown House itself so quite attractive sites.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates everyone, I am very interested in a 5 Ded Semi, but not yet in a position to buy for a few months. Any idea if there are any 5 bed semi's remaining?

Give Hooke and MacDonald a shout. Winston is the selling agent. I wouldn't have thought they'd have sold the 8 of them over the weekend but could be wrong.

Hi Johnny

That's fair re price drops.

On the plans point, what I meant (And maybe what Taytoman meant) was that it was impressive that they managed to sell 3 bed houses off the plans with no showhouse when there were similar sized/priced 3 bed houses for sale in Hamilton Park with a showhouse and available immediately.

We looked at both estates and opted for HP as house style suited our needs better. We did love DM estate though. I'll walk over tomorrow to be nosey and see how sales are going :)

We too mulled over both DM and HP. I love the entrance and greenery of DM but we opted for HP as it just suited us better.The Lavery perhaps under promises from outside but certainly over delivers when entering. Everyone comments on the spacious hallway in particular.Ours back onto Winterwood and means gardens are very private and quiet.I love the aspect .They are both super estates and given location/ A ratings/finishes represent great value imo.

Back