New form to fill in if travelling to Spain?

Re: New form to be filled in before you enter Spain: failure to do so -refused entry?

Not sure if this was already posted but Ryanair now have some info about this new rule [broken link removed].

Re: New form to be filled in before you enter Spain: failure to do so -refused entry?

I'm travelling to spain in a few weeks with Budget travel, anyone know what I need to do, I rang budget and was told theres no such thing??

I'm travelling to spain in a few weeks with Budget travel, anyone know what I need to do, I rang budget and was told theres no such thing??

I was on their site last night, looking for a last-minute deal for friends.
There was an info box once you got into the booking process, stating information was required by Spanish authorities about whether any passengers would be blind or disabled, possibly some other info too.

www.budgettravel.ie

for info

Was in Spain last weekend for wedding. Travelled Aer Lingus Cork-Alicante. Did fast pass book in. No other forms at either end, just the usual ticket & passport. No mention of any new form anywhere.

I travelled to Mainland Spain in early August (also with Budget Travel) and did not have to fill out any forms etc. Just flash the passport as normal and no problems.

BB

I was in Spain last week, flew Aer Lingus. No forms to fill in on either side....

The new regulations are in todays national papers. They come into effect on 19 September 2007. They concer SPain and its territories, e.g. Canaries / Balearics etc. The form must be filled in before departure. Ryanair have a link on their site to it.

Hi,

Travelling to Majorca next week, heard something the other day about anyone travelling to Spain having to fill in some form before travelling? Do we have to do this, and do we get the forms at the airport?
Thanks

Under a directive from the European Union, air carriers must begin collecting “Advance Passenger Information” (API) from all passengers from non-Schengen Treaty countries, and Spain is the first country to apply this requirement. This means that citizens flying to Spain must now provide information such as name, nationality, date of birth, and passport number before departure, either online or at the airport.

Under a directive from the European Union, air carriers must begin collecting “Advance Passenger Information” (API) from all passengers from non-Schengen Treaty countries, and Spain is the first country to apply this requirement. This means that citizens flying to Spain must now provide information such as name, nationality, date of birth, and passport number before departure, either online or at the airport.

That is if they depart from a country outside the Schengen Zone to Spain. From Paris to Madrid no API but from Dublin to Madrid API.

It is expected that API data will be soon required also for other countries within the Schengen Zone but in effect this is already done by most classic carriers.

Airlines now have to collect the following information from all passengers travelling to Spain, prior to travel.

Passport information, including:

• passport number
  • given names (as they appear on the passport)
  • last name
  • nationality
Most good airlines do that by swiping your passport at check-in (if you have not checked in online) or in advance on their webpage.

But more worrying is that it shows once again that Ireland is suffering because it's not part of Schengen. So not only do we have to queue for passort controll when traveling to the continent, now we have our data to be transmitted in advance. Would the 2nd class european citizen please form a seperate line over there...

Hi,

Travelling to Majorca next week, heard something the other day about anyone travelling to Spain having to fill in some form before travelling? Do we have to do this, and do we get the forms at the airport?
Thanks

claire Ive merged your question with this existing thread.

aj
(moderator)

Back