New Apartment - Furnish

SomeDay

Hi there

I am looking for one supplier for what i need.

1. Semi Solid Wooden Floors
2. Tiles for Kitchen and Bathrooms
3. Carpets for Bedrooms
4. Furniture.

I see McCormack's in Drogheda do all of the above but didn't get a chance to go down to see them yet. Has anyone purchased off the one supplier. I seen a lovely 3-2 Leather suite in Harvey Norman, so i will go for that.

Thanks

Hi Sarah

Thank you for your reply but i am looking for the next step up from those guys.

Is Apartment fitting worth it, or should i shop around ?

Regards
Oisin

Shop around is my advice. I looked into this but they charge you a premium for it imo.

Thanks Gabriel - What about Buying from the 1 Supplier and getting a good discount. How far can the go with discounts ? Do they have sales in Jan. Like the clothes shops ?

Clerys and Arnotts do apartment packages as well. Personally I thought they were overpriced for what you get (some stuff good value but then a really cheap looking table) but you should check them out if your the type who's got too many properties and doesn't want the hassle decorating them.

Both my friend and I were decorating at the same time and we both ended up going with Carpetright for carpets and semi-solid flooring. And Flowerhill in Navan could not be beaten for furniture.

I think you right about those apartment Packs - When you say "Couldn't be beaten" Quality or Price ?

Did you shop around for Carpets and Semi solid ?

Thanks
SD

I did .. i tried everywhere. It's my first apartment so I wanted nice stuff but at reasonable prices. I also had time while it was being completed to take a look around. So basically:

Blanchardstown has Carpetright and Tilesavers (my friend got her tiles here) but only expensive furniture shops (e.g. classic furniture).

Liffey valley doesn't have anything.

Airside retail park Swords has Carpetright aswell and B&Q which was good for Bathroom fittings (them or good old Argos). Airside also has Land of Leather where I got my couch - they always do bargains so actually yeah .. they are good value - but be prepared to wait months on delivery!

Navan has a big business park (bloomfield or something) which is all furniture places and I found it expensive.

Then Flowerhill was brilliant very reasonable for furniture. They have a variety of different qualities and like anything you get what you pay for. But all these furniture places all have the same stuff in them so I knew that they were good value. (For e.g. I saw the exact same table in Flowerhill for cheaper than i had seen it in the Navan business park 5 mins drive away). I was told to go to this place by two unrelated people and they told me in the shop that they normally get most of their customers !

Just to give you an example I got a set of furniture but I got it in cheapish wood (maylasian hardwood .. but it's my first apt :) ) but it's heavy and looks good - basically a dining table with matching coffee table, tv unit, and lamp table, and 6 real leather for €770 with free delivery!

There is also a furniture place in Ashbourne (Ashbourne fittings and furniture) which has pretty funky stuff at reasonable prices (but at that stage I had already got my furniture so no funky stuff for me).

I went to carpet right in coolock, the sales guy was worse than useless and the guy who came out to measure up the rooms let himself in and was quite odd ...anyway we checked out Frank Mcgowans in airside and got 2 remnants which were more than big enough for the 2 bedrooms we were getting done and ended up saving about €250 on the price quoted from carpet right to supply and fit the carpets - with Frank McGowans we paid the fitter direct which also saved a few euro

Hi

Could I get directions to the Flowerhill furniture place in Navan from someone please. I was in that big furniture business park in Navan last weekend but couldn't find flowerhill. I've heard it's meant to be good.

Thanks!

I found Coolmine carpets in Coolmine Industrial estate in blanch very good - they did my carpets, laminate and vinyl. The carpet I picked in Des Kelly (easier to select carpets there as it's big and well laid out), went across to Coolmine Carpets and they were much cheaper. I found them very good to deal with as well. Same with Vinyl, selected it somewhere else, ordered it from Coolmine Carpets.

Directions to Flowerhill: Coming into Navan from Dublin, take the second right (signposted for Kingscourt & Drogheda), you start going up a hill and it's on the left half way up it.

Their phone number is: (046) 9028869

Back