Need to wait for approval to start repairs (third party)

Maya22

I was at fault for a car crash to a third party and we are going through my insurance, my insurance company are so slow in getting back to me - they have received all details from me, photos, estimates from both garages etc and they are all up on the internal hub.

The third party garage wants to start repairs but said they need approval from my insurance company. Do they need the go ahead or can they just get started and then claim as all the info is in or do they have to wait to get official approval?

Its in their interest to get the repair done asap before you get hit for rental / replacement costs on top.

If you get them to start the repairs, you could have a problem if the insurance company does not accept your claim or disputes the cost of the repairs

Tell the third party to contact your insurance company as they are the ones dealing with the claim
This is what you pay your insurance for so as you don't have to deal with the person you crashed into
The Insurance company might have an issue with the repair or the cost and might have to send out an accessor which can slow things up
If their stuck for a car, the Insurance will pay for that and it doesn't matter what the cost is it makes no difference to their claim

A replacement car may or may not be included in the insurance policy

Tell the third party to contact your insurance company as they are the ones dealing with the claim
This is what you pay your insurance for so as you don't have to deal with the person you crashed into
The Insurance company might have an issue with the repair or the cost and might have to send out an accessor which can slow things up
If their stuck for a car, the Insurance will pay for that and it doesn't matter what the cost is it makes no difference to their claim
+1 to this advice.

The third party claim is completely out of your hands now. Let the person/repairers deal with your insurance company as they see fit.

Your only concern is the repair of your own car.

Back