Need a bill for mortgage app.

5Times

Hi, I have left my rented house and now living in temp accommodation. I need to get a bill in my name but my current landlord is keeping everything in their name as its only a short term let. The only thing thats left that I could have a bill on is my TV, but not the NTL, is a TV licence an exceptable bill or proof of address for a mortgage application.

Could you ask your solicitor to send you a bill on their headed notepaper - ie for the mortgage? Have been asked to do this for a couple of clients.

Great, I'll investigate the other options, but does anyone know if the TV licence is transferable to another address.

It's easy to transfer the licence to another address, you just nee dto call up An Post and advise them of the move.

TV licience is not really acceptable. especially if it was issued over 6 months ago.

Explain the situation to the bank/broker, and get them to advise you of how to proceed. You will probably need to get something posted to that address as it is anti money laundering legislation.

I recommend a bank statement, or depending on the lender, the buildings insurance can also be accepted if it's got your current address, current date printed on it.

I would have thought that in most cases the lender would require a bill in addition to bank statements?

In my experience banks won't change your correspondance address without proof of address, so a bank statement won't be suitable.

Hi, they are looking for bank statements and a bill. Bank statements are in current address, so need to get a bill also. So a TV licence should do, roight?

In my experience banks won't change your correspondance address without proof of address, so a bank statement won't be suitable.

PTSB allow you to change you address over the phone if you've signed up for Telephone banking (Open 24).
I used my mobile phone bill as proof of address as I had no utilities in my name either.

right, our application went through over 6 months ago we are at the closing stages now. The bank want a bill in my name but I no longer live at the old address in which i applied and which all our previous bills would be in. If I send in a bill with the new address I think i'll be opening a can of worms and it will extend the process, we could also end up paying interest to the builder, as we close on the 1st May.

The old house is up for sale no one lives there, and is vacant, could the TV licence that I have in the old address do the trick..

I also have a letter from ESB that has outstanding money on it from just after I left the old address for 25 euros, if I was to pay that and send it in with the reciept would that be enough for the bank.

Perhaps a letter from your doctor stating you have been a client of his for a certain number of year and you have remained at your address during thsi time

Perhaps a letter from your doctor stating you have been a client of his for a certain number of year and you have remained at your address during thsi time

It is unlikely that this will be acceptable but it varies from lender to lender so you should contact yours, or your broker if you're using one, and ask them for a full list of documents they will accept for address verification. Examples include:

motor insurance policy (schedule, not disc)
gas/telephone(not mobile)/electricity bill (closing account bills are not acceptable)
letter from Revenue (eg notification of tax credits for current year)
social welfare benefits book
driving licence (as long as this hasn't been used as a photo ID)
electoral register search.

I should have mentioned that if your lender may accept a written declaration stating that you have changed addresses and provide a utility ID for your new address.

TV Licence is not acceptable as a "utility bill" from most Banks, neither is a mobile phone bill.

If it is a case that you do not have a utility bill, or a proof of address that is acceptable to them, there is a form (ML1) I think it is called that can be signed and certified in a Garda Station.

On our project, certificate of tax credits within the current year, was an acceptable proof of id, perhaps you have this?

Back