Named driver car insurance

Its fine to go to school. you are still only driving casually. you are not the main driver.

It's really simple, answer the questions "Who puts most mileage on the car?" and "Of the hours the car is used, who spends most time driving the car?" The answer is the "main driver".

Well then write in and tell them the situation has changed and you have your license (you can drive unaccompanied yes?) and will be driving occasionally to school but are still not the main driver.

Well then write in and tell them the situation has changed and you have your license (you can drive unaccompanied yes?) and will be driving occasionally to school but are still not the main driver.
Yes I can drive by myself.
But if I tell them I want to drive to school occasionally even they would start accusing me if fronting. Also if I were involved in a crash on the way to school would they pay out?

Ring them and talk to them.

In the event of an accident you can't claim ignorance. You declared you wouldn't be using it to go to/from school. Now you want/need to so declare it to them.

Ifs and buts of an online forum won't give you a definitive answer ... only Axa can. So ring them!

Ring them and talk to them.

In the event of an accident you can't claim ignorance. You declared you wouldn't be using it to go to/from school. Now you want/need to so declare it to them.

Ifs and buts of an online forum won't give you a definitive answer ... only Axa can. So ring them!
But then could they just cancel the policy when they hear of my wanting to drive to school

No they won't. They will simply answer your question. You are being too alarmist on this issue.

Given your suspicions, did your mother have a policy in her own name BEFORE you started driving? If the answer is 'no' when did she decide to take up driving? Is the car yours, and are you simply now frightened that you might be found out? whatever the answers, I would suggest that you change your user name as if you are your user name, you are risking your privacy posting openly!

Back