My Boss is trying to get rid of me

Have you not gone to EL solicitor yet? Who are your representatives? Are they qualified to represent you in an Unfair Dismissals hearing? Take the advice given here over and over again and go to a EL solicitor adn take a case against the company. Forget about the personality issues that seem to be clouding things and deal with your rights under Employment Law. Nobody here can tell you what are the correct steps that need to be taken without the full facts and details of both sides of the dispute.

Last edited:
If and when you take a case against him either to the Labour Court (preferably) or another court he will have to deal with your representatives. I imagine the only details you need are already to hand, you have dates you commenced employment and any paperwork you have received since this kicked off, plus I think you have taken notes of conversations he has had with you and other incidences so your Solicitor will not need to obtain fact finding details from them. I imagine you are feeling stressed and nervous about the situation but don't allow the tone of his correspondance give you the impression that he has legal right on his side, it sounds like he is either mis-interpreting legal advise he may or may not have received in this matter or is unconcerned due to arrogance about the possible outcome of mistreating an Employee as he has. I'd advise that you ring the Labour Court as soon as possible, prior to cashing the cheque you received, to get immediate information on how to proceed as I am not sure but acceptance of pay in lieu of notice may be acceptance of the termination of employment.

Good Luck.

Yes he is mis-interpreting legal advise he may or may not have received and will only tell a one sided story,my reps are human resource guys and they are saying he has really shot himself in the foot with all his negative responses and he has absolutely no justification dismissing you because you turned down an offer of a made up redundancy,my position is not redundant,its just about personality issues which are in his head!

I dont like saying this but i am a solicitor and really feel u have a good case but u MUST go an see a solicitor to make that first step is essential.. Time is of the essence Make ur appointment first thing monday morning! They will need time to lodge youur papers gather info send letters to the other side will probably be the first step Go on -you owe it to yourself to stand up to these bullys

I dont like saying this but i am a solicitor and really feel u have a good case but u MUST go an see a solicitor to make that first step is essential.. Time is of the essence Make ur appointment first thing monday morning! They will need time to lodge youur papers gather info send letters to the other side will probably be the first step Go on -you owe it to yourself to stand up to these bullys
thanks for all the kind words,its very comforting!.My advisors are still trying to get him to see sense and get a amicable outcome,but its pure arrogance on his behalf!.I need closure on this as its very distressing! there has been a series of steps e.g. asking to be heard under grievance procedure,asking for health and safety statements,right of appeal, asking for terms and conditions,but they just keep saying that they don't recognize my reps who I have said I want to represent me in this case and refuse to furnish any documentation sought?

I need closure on this as its very distressing!

Galaxyman, I really can understand ow you feelbut that is exactly what this ba$tard wants. You need to time of the big picture here - this guy has left himself seriously exposed and the LRC/EAT would take a very dim view of his approach. I'm not a solicitor but I do have plenty of experience of the EAT / LC and they hate employers who behave like this.

Get advice next week...... it doesn't have to be Monday, the important thing is to get the right representative.

Roger

Galaxyman,
I understand that you are upset, but you should not leave that hinder you in getting legal representation.
It would seem that you need to abandon the 'advisors' route (as it is not working) and get a solicitor.
It may well be that your employer is being completely obstructive: so be it. You do not have any way of changing what he does or how he is reacting to this situation.
But you DO have the ability to get a solicitor involved, and from what people have posted here, it seems that although your current position is dreadful, you have legal redress.
Talk to your friends about how bad you feel about how you are being treated, but engage a solicitor to do the necessary legal work, as the fact you're feeling bad and hard done by isn't progressing your case at all. You are unable to be objective in this, as it's very personal. A solicitor would act as your advocate, and give objective advise, and could deal with your ex-employer on your behalf
Best of luck (and get a solicitor as soon as you can!!!!!!)
Nicola
PS what is making you not get a solicitor, given that you appear to have a good case? Are you concerned about how much is would cost, or that you might upset your old employer, or is it something else?

Galaxyman,
I understand that you are upset, but you should not leave that hinder you in getting legal representation.
It would seem that you need to abandon the 'advisors' route (as it is not working) and get a solicitor.
It may well be that your employer is being completely obstructive: so be it. You do not have any way of changing what he does or how he is reacting to this situation.
But you DO have the ability to get a solicitor involved, and from what people have posted here, it seems that although your current position is dreadful, you have legal redress.
Talk to your friends about how bad you feel about how you are being treated, but engage a solicitor to do the necessary legal work, as the fact you're feeling bad and hard done by isn't progressing your case at all. You are unable to be objective in this, as it's very personal. A solicitor would act as your advocate, and give objective advise, and could deal with your ex-employer on your behalf
Best of luck (and get a solicitor as soon as you can!!!!!!)
Nicola
PS what is making you not get a solicitor, given that you appear to have a good case? Are you concerned about how much is would cost, or that you might upset your old employer, or is it something else?

yes firstly it was the cost,secondly my advisors are telling me that I will need a legal representative at some stage but that we had to go down every path that was fair and practiable before we took a legal route and it looks like we have reached that point.Thirdly this person is related to me and 25 years ,even if they don't feel the same way,loyalty means something to me.This person is ill and I am trying my best to see past that and move on,but the illness won't let them

Hi Galaxyman,

Sorry to hear you're in this horrible situation - don't lose heart, it can and will get sorted.

I was in a similar situation and everyone (friends, family, co-workers) all wanted to advise me but in the end, only a solicitor with plenty of experience in employment law was able to help me. Finding someone suitable wasn't easy - I used the Golden Pages and spoke to many before finding someone. I had researched my case a lot myself and after a while, got a feel for who understood the issues. Ask what kinds of similar cases they have worked on and what the outcome was.

What your legal rep cannot help with is figuring out what outcome you want. In my case, it would have been unbearable to go back so reinstatement was not an option. I looked for compensation to allow a fresh start, which thankfully it did and I have never looked back! In fact it's the best thing that ever happened to me.

Please feel free to PM me if I can be any help.

Best of luck,
g

Another thing, I used one solicitor to get the initial paperwork in before the deadline which he actually did for free. That solicitor didn't have confidence in the case so I looked for another (had plenty of time before the court date). I only paid about 400 (ended up only having one or two consulations) and the case was settled out of court.

Just one more thing :) ...

As part of my settlement I insisted on a glowing written reference (which I wrote myself based on my performance reviews and input from co-workers). As it turns out, I never needed it but it gave me peace of mind as I had no reason to trust that I would be given a fair reference.

Document everything. Write down everything that is done and said, when it happened, who was there, how it made you feel, what the outcome was. Get anything you can from work - emails, diaries, copies performance reviews. My co-workers were a great help to me in this regard.

Whether the guy is a family member or is ill, he clearly does not give a damn about you.

I work with human resources people on a daily basis and they are useless. I really think you need to dump your human resources advisors and get talking to a solicitor.

I can't see a fair outcome unless you get a solicitor involved.

Just one more thing :) ...

As part of my settlement I insisted on a glowing written reference (which I wrote myself based on my performance reviews and input from co-workers). As it turns out, I never needed it but it gave me peace of mind as I had no reason to trust that I would be given a fair reference.

Document everything. Write down everything that is done and said, when it happened, who was there, how it made you feel, what the outcome was. Get anything you can from work - emails, diaries, copies performance reviews. My co-workers were a great help to me in this regard.

Gnubbit,Thanks I have sent two pm messages to you!

A little update on this people,they have sent me my p45 with my 8 weeks notice pay and says that I can to appeal which is my perogative but he won't still recognize my representatives and won't be answering any requests for documentation relating to my employment? he says I'm sure your legal reps can deal with issues raised by my representatives?
Does he have a right to do this???

He could have joined IBEC recently and they could be advising him. They know all the tricks so you need to get your own legal advice straight away and document everything that has happened since the trouble began. Keep all emails, texts, letters etc.

Hi Galaxyman
Have things moved on any bit for you yet? Hopefully they have,
Best of luck
Nicola

Hi all, Have an appointment with employment solicitor this week with a view to taking unfair dismissal case and a bullying case.I will let you know how it goes.don't know wether its a high court issue to make it speedier?

Hi all, Have an appointment with employment solicitor this week with a view to taking unfair dismissal case and a bullying case.I will let you know how it goes.don't know wether its a high court issue to make it speedier?

Best of luck with. Make sure you tie down costs as soon as you enter talks with the solicitor.

Totally take him to court. he sounds so mean. youll prob get more than 40 grand if you take him to court.

Back