Murder most horrid

H

Henny Penny

I'm surprised at the lack of public outrage at the murder of the young boy in Middleton. Has our society been so hardened that we are no longer shocked at this brutal killing? Although the gardai called it a missing persons enquiry ... was there anyone among us that did not expect the worst possible outcome? God rest his poor soul.

I think it may be the shock factor that's keeping us all quiet.

I mean this doesn't happen here does it - 4 missing children in 40 years. While this is 4 too many, it's undoubtedly a small statistic.
Personally my heart goes out to that poor child and his family - I can't even begin to imagine what they've gone through and are still going through.

And although everybody has been following the story closely I don't think we've really come to terms with the gravity of it.

Surely this means that there's been a line crossed here that we've not experienced before.

And let's hope never again.

I'm surprised at the lack of public outrage at the murder of the young boy

...well ...not living to far from the area as such I can tell you that emotions are swinging in all directions including anger, real fear, deepest sorrow. At this stage I think most people (who I conversed with on this) are just numb..no other way to describe it.....

HP, what will debating this issue on AAM do. We have all been sickened by the murder, all we would be doing is gratifying some sick bastard or bastards by talking about them. This is my one and only post on this subject , and I hope everyone else feels the same. Sorry HP

Sorry Leatherarse if I've offended you by broaching this subject. My point was merely that as a society we are more outraged by political corruption and financial wrongdoing than the death of a child. Let us not forget this young boy ... and do all that we can to ensure it never happens again. End of discussion.

Back