Health Insurance Moving down from Flex 250 Choice

savemejebus

I'm currently on Laya's Flex 250 Choice and will be coming up for renewal at the end of February. I've found that I don't really make enough use of the day-to-day extras so I'm planning to switch to a new lower plan.

Ideally I'd like to keep the hospital cover and so far have been looking at maybe the Flex 500 plus as a potential downgrade, as it seems to have a good balance of hospital cover without losing all the outpatient stuff. I'm guessing i could go to the Flex 500 explore too but that has less outpatient.

I'm wondering are there any other alternative policies that I'm overlooking. I'm a 39 year old male in good health and there will be no dependants on the policy.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you are healthy you might want to consider a plan with a high excess (therefore banking on the fact that you won't need an admission very often). We are on Laya Control 600 Total. As you get very high cover, some day to day expenses, but would have to pay 600 excess if you had to have a hospital stay. Day cases the excess is very much lower than that think it is 125 or something...

savemejebus,

An alternative well worth considering is Laya Control 300 Create; price 972pa; very similar to your current plan without having to take on
a big excess, including very good day to day cover as before. This plan also includes cover for a private room in a private hospital.

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Back